Re: [Clip] Image archive

  • loro
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 15, 2013
      codge34 wrote:
      >NotePad says I can create pages for an image collection. I want to
      >find out how

      I know you have gotten other answers already, but that probably
      refers to a clip called Images to HTML that's found the Utilities
      library that ships with Notetab. The result isn't very intriguing
      though, but that's a matter of basic and old style HTML. It's meant
      to demonstrate the Notetab bit, how to get all the file names and so
      on, the look of the page can be changed.

      Lotta
    • bruce.somers
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
        Greetinge!

        I have a very simple problem that certainly should be solvable with the help of NoteTab Clips. I haven't been successful in extracting information from the Help facility. As usual, those who know what to look for, need no help!

        I want simply to select the entire text of each line of an open file, and append that text to that same line, that is, I want to tranform

        This is line one
        This one is line two
        This is line three

        into

        This is line one This is line one
        This one is line two This one is line two
        This is line three This is line three

        If some kind soul will show me how to do that, I'll try to develop from there.

        Many thanks for any assistance.

        Bruce
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
          The following should do what you request:
          ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
            I'm no ReGex expert but shouldn't there be two $1 in the output. I think
            it is just a typo and he meant,

            ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW

            No time to test it.

            Ian

            On 19/02/2013 7:55 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

            > The following should do what you request:
            > ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW
            >
            > Regards,
            > John
            > RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
            > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/
            >
            > From: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>

          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
              No, the \K means to leave the first one in place. No need to copy what is already there.

              I'm no ReGex expert but shouldn't there be two $1 in the output. I think
              it is just a typo and he meant,

              ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW

              No time to test it.

              Ian

              On 19/02/2013 7:55 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

              > The following should do what you request:
              > ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW
              >
              > Regards,
              > John
              > RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
              > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
                Actually Ian, John has it correctly though I probably would have done it
                the way you suggest.
                The \K escape sequence erases anything that has been found up to the
                place it appears but leaves any previously established groups available
                for use in replacement.

                from Google [pcre escape sequence "\K"]
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl_Compatible_Regular_Expressions
                I know what follows is somewhere(?) in Notetab - Help - Help on Regular
                Expressions but its hard to search for \K

                Look-ahead and look-behind assertions
                Patterns may assert that previous text or subsequent text contains a
                pattern without consuming matched text (zero-width assertion). For
                example, /\w+(?=\t)/ matches a word followed by a tab, without
                including the tab.
                Look-behind assertions cannot be of uncertain length.
                Since version 7.2, \K can be used in a pattern to reset the start of
                the current whole match. This provides a flexible alternative
                approach to look-behind assertions because the discarded part of the
                match (the part that precedes \K) need not be fixed in length.

                FWIW: I tested it just to be sure - if you use the Replace dialog and
                step through with [Find] you see nothing apparently selected but each
                [Replace] doubles the line. (Thx Flo, I think for finally ramming \K
                usage through my head - once grokked it can prove very useful)

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 19, 2013
                  Thanks, another RE dark art revealed.

                  Ian

                  On 19/02/2013 12:35 PM, John Shotsky wrote:

                  > No, the \K means to leave the first one in place. No need to copy what
                  > is already there.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > John
                  > RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
                  > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

                • bruce.somers
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 23, 2013
                    I  seem to have misunderstood.

                    I assumed that the command  ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW  was to be pasted into the  'Reg Expr'-field of the 'Find and Replace' dialog box. But that leads to the nessage

                    '^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW'  not found between current position and end of document.

                    I must be way off base.

                    Bruce

                    On 19/02/2013 7:55 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

                    > The following should do what you request:
                    > ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW
                  • John Shotsky
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 23, 2013
                      It was written as a clip that you can use whenever you want. If you want to use the dialog, you would place
                      ^(.+)\K$
                      in the find dialog and
                      \x20$1
                      in the replace dialog.
                      Make sure the dropdown is set for regular expressions, then 'Replace All'.

                      I assumed that the command ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW was to be pasted into the 'Reg Expr'-field of the 'Find and Replace' dialog box. But that leads to the nessage

                      '^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW' not found between current position and end of document.

                      I must be way off base.

                      Bruce

                      On 19/02/2013 7:55 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

                      > The following should do what you request:
                      > ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW

                    • bruce.somers
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 23, 2013
                        OK -clear enough.