Re: [Clip] Image archive

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
      Art Kocsis wrote:
      > Did you enter all of the image comments manually or is there a
      > way to use Irfanview to do enter them?

      Both. Naturally I had to write them all, but Irfanview helps:
      <I><C> opens the comment entry and <Alt><W> writes it. <Space> goes to
      the next image.

      > an extensive command line functionality. I have no need for that
      > but I can see where it would be very useful feature for clips.

      Just an example: As a LaTeX user I'm deeply convinced, that my results
      are vastly superiour to anybody else's. Thus it pained me that my
      presentations and to a lesser amouts theses were giant files. Microsoft
      can scale down included images, LaTeX can't. I slighly changed the log
      file format to not only name inserted images but give their final size
      (in pt, equivalent to inches). From that I let clips automatically
      generate a batch file. When run that uses Irfanview to resize all images
      to the required size for a given resolution in dpi, Jpeg to 95 %, Pings
      to 256 colours. It then compares the resized image to the original and
      if not smaller, the former is deleted. (Happens with low quality Jpegs
      and line drawings.)

      Few clicks, all automatic, nice result.

      Axel
    • loro
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 15, 2013
        codge34 wrote:
        >NotePad says I can create pages for an image collection. I want to
        >find out how

        I know you have gotten other answers already, but that probably
        refers to a clip called Images to HTML that's found the Utilities
        library that ships with Notetab. The result isn't very intriguing
        though, but that's a matter of basic and old style HTML. It's meant
        to demonstrate the Notetab bit, how to get all the file names and so
        on, the look of the page can be changed.

        Lotta
      • bruce.somers
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
          Greetinge!

          I have a very simple problem that certainly should be solvable with the help of NoteTab Clips. I haven't been successful in extracting information from the Help facility. As usual, those who know what to look for, need no help!

          I want simply to select the entire text of each line of an open file, and append that text to that same line, that is, I want to tranform

          This is line one
          This one is line two
          This is line three

          into

          This is line one This is line one
          This one is line two This one is line two
          This is line three This is line three

          If some kind soul will show me how to do that, I'll try to develop from there.

          Many thanks for any assistance.

          Bruce
        • John Shotsky
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
            The following should do what you request:
            ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
              I'm no ReGex expert but shouldn't there be two $1 in the output. I think
              it is just a typo and he meant,

              ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW

              No time to test it.

              Ian

              On 19/02/2013 7:55 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

              > The following should do what you request:
              > ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW
              >
              > Regards,
              > John
              > RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
              > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/
              >
              > From: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>

            • John Shotsky
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
                No, the \K means to leave the first one in place. No need to copy what is already there.

                I'm no ReGex expert but shouldn't there be two $1 in the output. I think
                it is just a typo and he meant,

                ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW

                No time to test it.

                Ian

                On 19/02/2013 7:55 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

                > The following should do what you request:
                > ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW
                >
                > Regards,
                > John
                > RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
                > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

              • Alec Burgess
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
                  Actually Ian, John has it correctly though I probably would have done it
                  the way you suggest.
                  The \K escape sequence erases anything that has been found up to the
                  place it appears but leaves any previously established groups available
                  for use in replacement.

                  from Google [pcre escape sequence "\K"]
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl_Compatible_Regular_Expressions
                  I know what follows is somewhere(?) in Notetab - Help - Help on Regular
                  Expressions but its hard to search for \K

                  Look-ahead and look-behind assertions
                  Patterns may assert that previous text or subsequent text contains a
                  pattern without consuming matched text (zero-width assertion). For
                  example, /\w+(?=\t)/ matches a word followed by a tab, without
                  including the tab.
                  Look-behind assertions cannot be of uncertain length.
                  Since version 7.2, \K can be used in a pattern to reset the start of
                  the current whole match. This provides a flexible alternative
                  approach to look-behind assertions because the discarded part of the
                  match (the part that precedes \K) need not be fixed in length.

                  FWIW: I tested it just to be sure - if you use the Replace dialog and
                  step through with [Find] you see nothing apparently selected but each
                  [Replace] doubles the line. (Thx Flo, I think for finally ramming \K
                  usage through my head - once grokked it can prove very useful)

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 19, 2013
                    Thanks, another RE dark art revealed.

                    Ian

                    On 19/02/2013 12:35 PM, John Shotsky wrote:

                    > No, the \K means to leave the first one in place. No need to copy what
                    > is already there.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > John
                    > RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
                    > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

                  • bruce.somers
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 23, 2013
                      I  seem to have misunderstood.

                      I assumed that the command  ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW  was to be pasted into the  'Reg Expr'-field of the 'Find and Replace' dialog box. But that leads to the nessage

                      '^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW'  not found between current position and end of document.

                      I must be way off base.

                      Bruce

                      On 19/02/2013 7:55 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

                      > The following should do what you request:
                      > ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW
                    • John Shotsky
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 23, 2013
                        It was written as a clip that you can use whenever you want. If you want to use the dialog, you would place
                        ^(.+)\K$
                        in the find dialog and
                        \x20$1
                        in the replace dialog.
                        Make sure the dropdown is set for regular expressions, then 'Replace All'.

                        I assumed that the command ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW was to be pasted into the 'Reg Expr'-field of the 'Find and Replace' dialog box. But that leads to the nessage

                        '^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "$1\x20$1" ARSW' not found between current position and end of document.

                        I must be way off base.

                        Bruce

                        On 19/02/2013 7:55 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

                        > The following should do what you request:
                        > ^!Replace "^(.+)\K$" >> "\x20$1" ARSW

                      • bruce.somers
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 23, 2013
                          OK -clear enough.