Re: [Clip] Text selection boundaries

  • Jean-François Colas
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2013
      Le 04/02/2013 17:14, Don a écrit :
      > On 2/4/2013 8:19 AM, Jean-François Colas wrote:
      >> Hello list,
      >>
      >> Maybe I missed something obvious... Is there any way to determine the
      >> coordinates (at least the row number) of the starting and ending points
      >> of a selection?
      >>
      >> Thaks,
      >> J.-F.
      >
      > Fascinating! If you find the cursor blinks after the last character of
      > the selection on my screen, but if you use getrow and getcol it marks
      > the first character of the selection (not where the cursor is blinking).
      > I then jump selection end and capture it.

      Thanks, fine! My impaired vision can't actually let me see the cursor
      blinking when selecting text. But it seems to work the same in whichever
      direction we select. Cool.

      J.-F.
    • joy8388608
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2013
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jean-François Colas wrote:

        > Hello list,
        >
        > Maybe I missed something obvious... Is there any way to determine the
        > coordinates (at least the row number) of the starting and ending points
        > of a selection?
        >
        > Thaks,
        > J.-F.

        Are these functions what you are looking for?

        ^!Prompt Getrowstart is ^$GetRowStart$ and getrowend is ^$GetRowEnd$ ^%NL%Getcolstart is ^$GetColStart$ and getcolend is ^$GetColEnd$

        Joy