[Clip] Re: Automating File Saves

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2000
      Hi lmhamilton,

      > I do not know why I did not get some form of error. I guess it
      > was a "valid" path, since its syntax was correct, even if that
      > "double" path, did not exist.

      I didn't look for the error - just did them enough times making
      the same mistake in the beginning while learning... The help
      file is what throws us off I think:

      GetFileFirst
      ^$GetFileFirst(FilePath;FileSpecs[;SortingOrder])$

      Returns the first file name in the list generated by the
      function.

      Should read something like: Returns the first file name and
      extension (including full path) in the list generated by the
      function.

      > Oh, Well, you know what they say about hydrogen and stupidity!

      <grin>

      The two most common elements in the
      universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

      Signed,