Re: [Clip] Re: Irregular NoteTab behavior on Win7 x64

  • Piotr
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
      You may be right John. The clip is running too fast and, speaking
      figuratively, falls over its own legs.

      Piotr

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
        Piotr wrote:
        > The clip is running too fast and, speaking figuratively,
        > falls over its own legs.

        If so, Eric is still having trouble adjusting to Win7. In the higher
        version Win98, that I use, NT is very good about sequences like

        ^!Save
        ^!Dos char w2t ^**
        ^!Wait
        ^!Menu Edit/Reload

        and does the required waiting on its own. This is all the more
        remarkable of NT as DOS itself does not do the waiting in batches and I
        have to cater for write cacheing with generously distributed "delay 1"
        myself.
        Where I do need lots of delay is in the workaround for the broken <F3>
        "find again", i.e.

        ^!SaveValue FindDialog:SearchList_1=^%Pattern%
        ^!ProgIniLoad
        ^!Menu Search/Find
        ^!Delay 8
        ^!Keyboard #^%Pattern%#

        I have looped through long lists of ^$GetFileFirst()$ ^$GetFileNext$
        without any delay anywhere, so it must be a Windows issue.