Re: Irregular NoteTab behavior on Win7 x64

  • john041650
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
      > Could it be due to NoteTab running on Win 7 x64?

      Perhaps, but I'm running NoteTab Pro 7.1 on a Windows 7 64 machine and I haven't noticed any problems like that.

      You might try inserting a slight delay between each opening/closing of files to see if that solves the problem.

      ^!Delay 5

      john

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Piotr wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have a simple clip that loops through a folder of files (opening and
      > closing them without modification), find some information and appends it to
      > a disk file.
      >
      > Sometimes the iteration process completes successfully, sometimes it will
      > stop for no obvious reason without an error, with a file open or with no
      > file open.
      >
      > Could it be due to NoteTab running on Win 7 x64?
      >
      > I use NoteTab 7.1
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Piotr

    • Piotr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
        You may be right John. The clip is running too fast and, speaking
        figuratively, falls over its own legs.

        Piotr

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
          Piotr wrote:
          > The clip is running too fast and, speaking figuratively,
          > falls over its own legs.

          If so, Eric is still having trouble adjusting to Win7. In the higher
          version Win98, that I use, NT is very good about sequences like

          ^!Save
          ^!Dos char w2t ^**
          ^!Wait
          ^!Menu Edit/Reload

          and does the required waiting on its own. This is all the more
          remarkable of NT as DOS itself does not do the waiting in batches and I
          have to cater for write cacheing with generously distributed "delay 1"
          myself.
          Where I do need lots of delay is in the workaround for the broken <F3>
          "find again", i.e.

          ^!SaveValue FindDialog:SearchList_1=^%Pattern%
          ^!ProgIniLoad
          ^!Menu Search/Find
          ^!Delay 8
          ^!Keyboard #^%Pattern%#

          I have looped through long lists of ^$GetFileFirst()$ ^$GetFileNext$
          without any delay anywhere, so it must be a Windows issue.