[Clip] Re: Automating File Saves

  • lmhamilton@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2000
      Thanks, Jody.

      That was a little too simple.... Why didn't I think of that?

      I do not know why I did not get some form of error. I guess it was a
      "valid" path, since its syntax was correct, even if that "double" path,
      did not exist.

      I even put in the info boxes to check the values of the variables, to
      confirm I had my logic flow correct.

      Oh, Well, you know what they say about hydrogen and stupidity!

      Larry

      On Sat, 08 Jan 2000 19:19:51 -0600 Jody <KJB1611@...> writes:
      > Hi Larry H.,
      >
      > > ^!Set %Path%="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Documents\HNGSSite\"
      > > ^!Set %File%=^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;*.htm;REVDATE)$
      > > ^!Set %FileSave%=^%File%
      > > ^!CopyFile "C:\Program Files\NoteTab
      > Std\Documents\HNGSSite\^%FileSave%"
      > "A:\"
      >
      > Try:
      >
      > ^!CopyFile "^%FileSave%" "A:\"
      >
      > ^%File% already contains your full path including the file. You
      > are adding it again in the copy thinking ^%FileSave% is only the
      > filename. If you look at your first info box that comes up you
      > should see the full path from ^$GetFileFirst$.
      >
      > Happy Clip'n!
      > Jody
      >
      > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      >
      > The NoteTab Clip List...
      > mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

      > Looking for educational tools for your kids?
      > Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ntb-clips&m=1

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2000
        Hi lmhamilton,

        > I do not know why I did not get some form of error. I guess it
        > was a "valid" path, since its syntax was correct, even if that
        > "double" path, did not exist.

        I didn't look for the error - just did them enough times making
        the same mistake in the beginning while learning... The help
        file is what throws us off I think:

        GetFileFirst
        ^$GetFileFirst(FilePath;FileSpecs[;SortingOrder])$

        Returns the first file name in the list generated by the
        function.

        Should read something like: Returns the first file name and
        extension (including full path) in the list generated by the
        function.

        > Oh, Well, you know what they say about hydrogen and stupidity!

        <grin>

        The two most common elements in the
        universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

        Signed,