Re: I have two newbie questions.

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

      > I am trying to generate a permission statement.
      >
      > I will fill it with a couple variables, which I can manage, but I want the text to be on mutiple lines. When I add a carriage return to the expression, it doesn't work right. Do I simply use multiple InsertWizardHtml commands? (I just tried that, and it overwrote the first with the resulst of the second. I'm also guessing that InsertWizardHtml may be overkill for straight text with variables.
      >
      > My second question is how to reuse a variable name.
      >
      > Here's a simplified version of what I want to accomplish:
      >
      > I, Object Name, give permission for the following file:
      > Object filename
      > This permission covers blah, blah, blah,
      > Object Name, Object email address
      > Copyright holder
      > $GetDate(dd mmm yyyy)$
      >
      > Where I was to input the person's name, use it twice, and input the file name, and email address.

      I figured it out myself
    • john041650
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
        I'm not quite following what you want to do but you might see if this helps you to figure it out.

        ^!Set %X%=Sample Variable value

        ^!InsertText I, Object Name, give permission for the following file:^P
        ^!InsertText Object filename: ^%X%^P
        ^!InsertText This permission covers blah, blah, blah,^P
        ^!InsertText Object Name ^%X%, Object email address^P
        ^!InsertText Copyright holder^P
        ^!InsertText ^$GetDate(dd mmm yyyy)$^P

        john

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
          Yes, I ended up figuring it out, I did something like you suggested.
          Thanks