Re: [Clip] Import from Word

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
      Johnn wrote:
      > I then HTMLize the content for email and it's all good.

      Don't! See
      (I have other sources, but they're in German.)

      I have several clips to sanitize raw text, when copy and paste is the
      only way to make use of something sent me in MicroS**t format, but
      they're all geared to producing TeX source, so no good to you in their
      current form. But you'll soon build your own. Just start manually,
      notice what's repetitive and code for that step by step.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
        Adrian Worsfold wrote:
        > Yes, use Open Office Writer and export that as HTML (or as .PDF).

        Don't, their HTML code is just terrible. Instead of doing minimal HTML
        to capture the structure as far as recognizable they go into excessive
        detail to visually rebuild every ugly detail and lose all HTML's
        advantages.

        PDF is in fact very good, but not what's wanted here as far as I can
        make out.
      • Johnn
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
          Thanks for the replies, guys.

          I switched from plain text to HTML because that's what readers wanted. I surveyed them. Then I measured unsubs after the switch. And true to their word, they love the switch.

          I use bare minimum HTML to provide structure, basic usability and readability.

          I just want headers, line breaks, bold, italics and other things to remain intact after pasting from Word.

          I was hoping maybe a public clip was available to do this. But I do have a clip started for this, and as advised, will just keep working on that to save me time in the long-term.

          Cheers,
          Johnn

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Johnn" wrote:

          > I write my stuff in Word because I can export fast into PDF or paste easily into WordPress.
          >
          > I use Notetab Pro though for emails, because of its various features and it eliminates tricky characters some email software can't handle.
          >
          > But when I paste in from Word, I lose all my formatting and line breaks. That's expected because NoteTab is a plain text editor. I then HTMLize the content for email and it's all good.
          >
          > So, I'm wondering if anyone has any clips, tips or shortcuts for faster transfer from Word to HTML in Notetab Pro?

        • Adrien Verlee
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
            Op 28/01/2013 4:06, Johnn schreef:
            > I was hoping maybe a public clip was available to do this. But I do have a clip started for this, and as advised, will just keep working on that to save me time in the long-term.

            I have a Word-macro that do elementary htmlcode. If you think this is
            oké I can sent it.
            --
            Translatie > www.adrien-verlee.be

            - Ongedeelde informatie = verloren informatie -
          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
              You can use an html template to provide all the repetitive stuff. You can use a CSS file to provide all the standard
              formatting. You can then paste in your text from any source, including NoteTab itself, add a few tags for sections and
              styling, and you'd be done. I create my web pages completely in NoteTab, unless I have complicated tables and such, then
              I use a 3rd party html wysiwyg editor to create the initial template.

              Creating a new page is then as simple as copying an existing page, deleting the old text, pasting in the new text
              (within the html tags), changing any header information, like Title, and rearranging any needed tags.

              There are many web page templates on the internet too, which can give a starting point and a CSS to match. I created a
              template file for the web page in my signature below. Note that all I ever do is add text, the html is simply copied,
              when necessary, to create a new page. There is a separate file for each column, and if you narrow your browser windows,
              you will see that they all squeeze together without clipping lines. View Source to see how its structured.

              If you really want PDF, you can get that by installing a PDF printer, such as Bullzip (which I use) and print from
              browser or anywhere else, to pdf.

              All that aside, html questions might better be asked on the NoteTab html group. ntb-html@yahoogroups.com

              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com> , "Johnn" wrote:

              > I write my stuff in Word because I can export fast into PDF or paste easily into WordPress.
              >
              > I use Notetab Pro though for emails, because of its various features and it eliminates tricky characters some email
              software can't handle.

              > But when I paste in from Word, I lose all my formatting and line breaks. That's expected because NoteTab is a plain
              text editor. I then HTMLize the content for email and it's all good.

              > So, I'm wondering if anyone has any clips, tips or shortcuts for faster transfer from Word to HTML in Notetab Pro?

            • Adrian Worsfold
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
                Hello Johnn

                Then it'll be a clip to do pasteboard, open MS Word (return to Notetab when close MS Word), copy all, close MS Word, then Modify to HTML and save with the same filename but html after.

                Adrian Worsfold

                http://www.pluralist.co.uk
                http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
                pluralist@...