Re: [Clip] Re: ow to work eith date?

  • abet backup
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 24, 2013
      John,

      I am always afraid to upgrades. In Windows, for example, in more than 10
      years I used the XP until to now (the XP, in the begin, have had 200.000
      bugs, but now are very stable).

      In any upgrades, the most important must be to run any former codes without
      any problem. The problems (if any) must be in the new codes ONLY.
      Unfortunately this is not true with Windows, as an example..

      The NTP 7, as you know, have had some problems. My question is:

      It is possible to run my 5.4 scripts using the 7, without any problems?

      Thanks!

      Carlos

      ===============

    • john041650
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 24, 2013
        That depends on your scripts. There have been some changes, I believe most changes that could affect clips were changes that use regular expressions.

        john

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 24, 2013
          With NoteTab updates come bug fixes and new features. I've used NoteTab, starting with 4.95, from XP through Win 7 and
          now Win 8. It works FINE, but I do NOT install in Microsoft's default location of C:\Program Files, BECAUSE Microsoft
          has changed the behavior of that folder to make it read only for all applications starting with Vista. Supposedly, that
          was to prevent virus issues, but in reality all it did was screw everyone that has any older programs to run. I created
          a C:\Programs folder, where I install EVERYTHING that is not explicitly designed for Windows Vista/7/8, and even some of
          those, such as NoteTab.

          You are FAR better off getting the newest version of NoteTab, because some of those bug fixes exist in the PCRE Regular
          Expression engine - including some bugs that 'got me' in the past. I think your 5.4 scripts will work fine in NTP v7,
          but of course, you would want to test before committing to 'real' work. My switch to Windows 8 was seamless. It just
          worked.