[Clip] Re: Automating File Saves

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2000
      Hi Larry H.,

      > ^!Set %Path%="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Documents\HNGSSite\"
      > ^!Set %File%=^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;*.htm;REVDATE)$
      > ^!Set %FileSave%=^%File%
      > ^!CopyFile "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Documents\HNGSSite\^%FileSave%"
      "A:\"

      Try:

      ^!CopyFile "^%FileSave%" "A:\"

      ^%File% already contains your full path including the file. You
      are adding it again in the copy thinking ^%FileSave% is only the
      filename. If you look at your first info box that comes up you
      should see the full path from ^$GetFileFirst$.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
    • lmhamilton@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2000
        Thanks, Jody.

        That was a little too simple.... Why didn't I think of that?

        I do not know why I did not get some form of error. I guess it was a
        "valid" path, since its syntax was correct, even if that "double" path,
        did not exist.

        I even put in the info boxes to check the values of the variables, to
        confirm I had my logic flow correct.

        Oh, Well, you know what they say about hydrogen and stupidity!

        Larry

        On Sat, 08 Jan 2000 19:19:51 -0600 Jody <KJB1611@...> writes:
        > Hi Larry H.,
        >
        > > ^!Set %Path%="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Documents\HNGSSite\"
        > > ^!Set %File%=^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;*.htm;REVDATE)$
        > > ^!Set %FileSave%=^%File%
        > > ^!CopyFile "C:\Program Files\NoteTab
        > Std\Documents\HNGSSite\^%FileSave%"
        > "A:\"
        >
        > Try:
        >
        > ^!CopyFile "^%FileSave%" "A:\"
        >
        > ^%File% already contains your full path including the file. You
        > are adding it again in the copy thinking ^%FileSave% is only the
        > filename. If you look at your first info box that comes up you
        > should see the full path from ^$GetFileFirst$.
        >
        > Happy Clip'n!
        > Jody
        >
        > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        >
        > The NoteTab Clip List...
        > mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

        > Looking for educational tools for your kids?
        > Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ntb-clips&m=1

        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2000
          Hi lmhamilton,

          > I do not know why I did not get some form of error. I guess it
          > was a "valid" path, since its syntax was correct, even if that
          > "double" path, did not exist.

          I didn't look for the error - just did them enough times making
          the same mistake in the beginning while learning... The help
          file is what throws us off I think:

          GetFileFirst
          ^$GetFileFirst(FilePath;FileSpecs[;SortingOrder])$

          Returns the first file name in the list generated by the
          function.

          Should read something like: Returns the first file name and
          extension (including full path) in the list generated by the
          function.

          > Oh, Well, you know what they say about hydrogen and stupidity!

          <grin>

          The two most common elements in the
          universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

          Signed,