Re: [Clip] Code page/character issues

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 12, 2013
      John Shotsky wrote:
      > But that file is not Unicode, it is 8-bit UTF.

      To my understanding UTF-8 as a specific encoding is a subset, or rather
      one of several possible versions, of Unicode.

      > When one of these files is moved, NoteTab not only displays it
      > correctly, but it also saves it correctly, that is, without the
      > accents.

      Sorry, but if those letters do have accents, then anything without is
      INcorrect. It may be an acceptable workaround, like Muller or Mueller
      instead of Müller, but never correct.

      > So, that is the workaround for now.

      Right

      > But that's not actually the point anyway.

      Agreed. Win7 does something strange here and I'm very happy I need not
      concern myself with that.

      > As to the problem, I will leave it in the category of unresolvable.

      Probably best.