Set image path

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
      When writing longer documents I keep images in a folder "Bild" at a
      known position relative to the path of the document. For selecting an
      image I have to get to that folder EVERY TIME.

      I've tried this:

      ^!Set %vFIL%=^$GetDocName$
      ^!ChDir ^$GetPath(^%vFIL%)$Bild\
      ;
      ^!Set %vIMG%=^?{(T=O;F="Image Files|*.pdf;*.png;*.jpg;*.jpeg")Image
      file};

      (The first two lines are the most basic example of a more complicated
      way to find the correct path in all cases.)

      Doesn't work, the selector still opens in the path of the currently
      edited text, not the one where the images are.

      Any hints?

      Axel
    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
        Axel wrote:
        >When writing longer documents I keep images in a folder "Bild" at a
        >known position relative to the path of the document. For selecting an
        >image I have to get to that folder EVERY TIME.
        >
        >I've tried this:
        >
        >^!Set %vFIL%=^$GetDocName$
        >^!ChDir ^$GetPath(^%vFIL%)$Bild\
        >;
        >^!Set %vIMG%=^?{(T=O;F="Image Files|*.pdf;*.png;*.jpg;*.jpeg")Image
        >file};
        >
        >(The first two lines are the most basic example of a more complicated
        >way to find the correct path in all cases.)
        >
        >Doesn't work, the selector still opens in the path of the currently
        >edited text, not the one where the images are.

        I'm not sure when and how ^!ChDir works, but I don't think this is
        the right time to use it. You don't need it anyway. You can put the
        desired path directly in the wizard.

        ^!Set %path%=^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$Bild\
        ^!Set %vIMG%=^?{(T=O;F="Image Files|*.pdf;*.png;*.jpg;*.jpeg")Image
        file=^%path%}

        Also, you had a semicolon that shouldn't be there at the end of the
        ^!Set %vIMG% line.

        Lotta
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2012
          loro wrote:
          > You can put the desired path directly in the wizard.

          So simple and I never ever thught of that. Danke.

          > Also, you had a semicolon that shouldn't be there at the end of the
          > ^!Set %vIMG% line.

          Yes, in the original that wizard sets half a dozen variables at once,
          missed it when trimming.

          Danke
          Axel
        • john041650
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2012
            FWIW because I often need to reference an image folder dependent upon the job (web site) I'm working on, which means I'll use the same image folder over and over until the job is done, I store the last used image folder in the NoteTab INI file then use that as the default folder in the wizard.

            So when I start a new job and need an image from another folder I simply browse to another folder and the clip stores that folder in the INI as the default folder to use the next time.

            john