Re: [Clip] Re: HTML-CSS help needed

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
      hi
      this is what I get when I make new page page001.htm it is from the HTML
      library
      first line deleted
      <head>
      <title>bfbvbcb</title>
      <link rev="made" href="mailto:gghhhhj" />
      </head>

      alink="#FF0000">
      <h1>bfbvbcb</h1>
      <hr />
      which bit is your problem??
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
        Dave wrote:
        > which bit is your problem??

        This one:

        > vlink="#800080" alink="#FF0000">

        Those attribute have long been deprecated and really should have no
        right to exist in a HTML5 surrounding. I'm surprised they're not illegal
        there, it is in the drict variants of HTML4 and XHTML.

        Axel
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
          This link shows the differences between html5/xml and html4/xml. There are a LOT of differences!
          http://www.w3.org/TR/html5-diff/

          But the issue was about not having explicit html5 commands in the toolbar or clip library, which is correct. I deleted
          the previous messages, but it seemed to me that inline styling was wanted, which should not be present in html5
          documents, since css is supposed to be used for styling. Thus, inline styling commands should be in the css
          toolbars/clip libraries.

          > I've checked again Dave and there is something I am clearly missing
          > something when I delete the reference after :Start.
          >
          > A further note. To create an automatic datetime tag I used this code:
          >
          > ^!Clip CheckLogical
          >
          > :PasteTag
          > ^!Set %Value%=datetime
          > ^!IfTrue "^%p_LogicalTag%" ^!Set %Value%=datetime
          > ^!InsertHtml <^%Value%^& ^$GetDate(yyyy-mm-dd)$^& pubdate>^$GetDate(dd
          > mmmm yyyy)$</^%value%>
          >
          > This uses the GetDate variable and its specificaton to put the date in
          > Year-Month-Date format within the tag, to make it machime readable, as
          > required. Outside the tags I prefer my dates in Day Month Year format, as
          > indicated in the code.
          >
          > Someone else may be able to use it, or give me better code.
          >

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi
          >> as far as I can see you select the template you want from the list and
          >> then
          >> edit the template ,delete the line you want cut and save it and it is
          >> done
          >> file\template\edit
          >> THANKYOU DAVE M

        • m.feichtinger
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterhulm@...> wrote:

            > [...], and cannot see in the template how to get rid of the
            > XHMTL 1.0 code right at the top. When I delete what seems
            > to be the code in the template, it simply reinserts it next
            > time I run the clip.

            Have you checked "Options > HTML/Web Files: [x] Create XHTML Tags"?
            If yes then remove the tick.

            HTH
          • Peter
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
              Many thanks. That did it. I no longer get the extra coding when I use the Create HTML5 web page clip in HTML-CSS.

              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "m.feichtinger" <mafei@...> wrote:

              > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterhulm@> wrote:
              > >
              > > [...], and cannot see in the template how to get rid of the
              > > XHMTL 1.0 code right at the top. When I delete what seems
              > > to be the code in the template, it simply reinserts it next
              > > time I run the clip.
              > >

              > Have you checked "Options > HTML/Web Files: [x] Create XHTML Tags"?
              > If yes then remove the tick.
              >
              > HTH

            • Peter
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2013
                I have slightly edited the datetime clip I posted earlier so that it fits HTML5 better by insert a <time> tag into the coding.

                ^!Clip CheckLogical

                :PasteTag
                ^!Set %Value%=datetime
                ^!IfTrue "^%p_LogicalTag%" ^!Set %Value%=datetime
                ^!InsertHtml <time^& ^%Value%^& ^$GetDate(yyyy-mm-dd)$^& pubdate>^$GetDate(dd mmmm yyyy)$</time>