Re: [Clip] HTML-CSS help needed

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 27, 2012
      Peter wrote:
      >produce a time, datetime, pubdate nested series of tags that ask for
      > the user to input the details and converts them to the form needed.

      I don't write HTML5 myself but if you provide the kind of end product
      you want plus the input expected then I can cobble something together.

      Axel
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 27, 2012
        The html5 new document works for me, and I've used it several times. It uses a template with a wizard to populate it.
        What, exactly, do you not find correct? You may be able to edit the template, if you want something different.

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 27, 2012
          Sorry, I reread your message, and indeed it doesn't create anything more than a basic html 5 page. I think someone would
          have to customize the toolbar to add these functions. Sounds like a good project for someone.

[...]

          Grateful for any advice.

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 28, 2012
            Thanks for jumping in. I have created these functions with new clips, copying from similar ones, but am not capable of handling the timedate tag requiring input from a user, and cannot see in the template how to get rid of the XHMTL 1.0 code right at the top. When I delete what seems to be the code in the template, it simply reinserts it next time I run the clip.

            > Sorry, I reread your message, and indeed it doesn't create anything more than a basic html 5 page. I think someone would
            > have to customize the toolbar to add these functions. Sounds like a good project for someone.
            >
            > Regards,
            > John
            > RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 29, 2012
              Hi
              as far as I can see you select the template you want from the list and then
              edit the template ,delete the line you want cut and save it and it is done
              file\template\edit
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              > Thanks for jumping in. I have created these functions with new clips,
              > copying from similar ones, but am not capable of handling the timedate tag
              > requiring input from a user, and cannot see in the template how to get rid
              > of the XHMTL 1.0 code right at the top. When I delete what seems to be the
              > code in the template, it simply reinserts it next time I run the clip.
              >
              > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Sorry, I reread your message, and indeed it doesn't create anything more
              >> than a basic html 5 page. I think someone would
              >> have to customize the toolbar to add these functions. Sounds like a good
              >> project for someone.
              >>
              >> Regards,
              >> John
              >> RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

            • Peter
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 29, 2012
                Thanks, Dave. That is what I thought I was doing, but it seems to reestablish itself with the old reference to XHTML 1.0.

                For anyone interested, this is how I set up the clip to write the section tag:

                ^!Clip CheckLogical

                :PasteTag
                ^!Set %Value%=section
                ^!IfTrue "^%p_LogicalTag%" ^!Set %Value%=section
                ^!InsertHtml <^%Value%>^&</^%value%>

                I have no idea what Clip CheckLogical does and I cannot find it in the Help index (or Logical). But it was in the original clip I copied from, and everything seems to work OK.

                Can anyone explain?

                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

                > Hi
                > as far as I can see you select the template you want from the list and then
                > edit the template ,delete the line you want cut and save it and it is done
                > file\template\edit
                > THANKYOU DAVE M

              • Peter
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 29, 2012
                  I've checked again Dave and there is something I am clearly missing something when I delete the reference after :Start.

                  A further note. To create an automatic datetime tag I used this code:

                  ^!Clip CheckLogical

                  :PasteTag
                  ^!Set %Value%=datetime
                  ^!IfTrue "^%p_LogicalTag%" ^!Set %Value%=datetime
                  ^!InsertHtml <^%Value%^& ^$GetDate(yyyy-mm-dd)$^& pubdate>^$GetDate(dd mmmm yyyy)$</^%value%>

                  This uses the GetDate variable and its specificaton to put the date in Year-Month-Date format within the tag, to make it machime readable, as required. Outside the tags I prefer my dates in Day Month Year format, as indicated in the code.

                  Someone else may be able to use it, or give me better code.

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
                    hi
                    this is what I get when I make new page page001.htm it is from the HTML
                    library
                    first line deleted
                    <head>
                    <title>bfbvbcb</title>
                    <link rev="made" href="mailto:gghhhhj" />
                    </head>

                    alink="#FF0000">
                    <h1>bfbvbcb</h1>
                    <hr />
                    which bit is your problem??
                    THANKYOU DAVE M

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
                      Dave wrote:
                      > which bit is your problem??

                      This one:

                      > vlink="#800080" alink="#FF0000">

                      Those attribute have long been deprecated and really should have no
                      right to exist in a HTML5 surrounding. I'm surprised they're not illegal
                      there, it is in the drict variants of HTML4 and XHTML.

                      Axel
                    • John Shotsky
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
                        This link shows the differences between html5/xml and html4/xml. There are a LOT of differences!
                        http://www.w3.org/TR/html5-diff/

                        But the issue was about not having explicit html5 commands in the toolbar or clip library, which is correct. I deleted
                        the previous messages, but it seemed to me that inline styling was wanted, which should not be present in html5
                        documents, since css is supposed to be used for styling. Thus, inline styling commands should be in the css
                        toolbars/clip libraries.

                        > I've checked again Dave and there is something I am clearly missing
                        > something when I delete the reference after :Start.
                        >
                        > A further note. To create an automatic datetime tag I used this code:
                        >
                        > ^!Clip CheckLogical
                        >
                        > :PasteTag
                        > ^!Set %Value%=datetime
                        > ^!IfTrue "^%p_LogicalTag%" ^!Set %Value%=datetime
                        > ^!InsertHtml <^%Value%^& ^$GetDate(yyyy-mm-dd)$^& pubdate>^$GetDate(dd
                        > mmmm yyyy)$</^%value%>
                        >
                        > This uses the GetDate variable and its specificaton to put the date in
                        > Year-Month-Date format within the tag, to make it machime readable, as
                        > required. Outside the tags I prefer my dates in Day Month Year format, as
                        > indicated in the code.
                        >
                        > Someone else may be able to use it, or give me better code.
                        >

                        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> Hi
                        >> as far as I can see you select the template you want from the list and
                        >> then
                        >> edit the template ,delete the line you want cut and save it and it is
                        >> done
                        >> file\template\edit
                        >> THANKYOU DAVE M

                      • m.feichtinger
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
                          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterhulm@...> wrote:

                          > [...], and cannot see in the template how to get rid of the
                          > XHMTL 1.0 code right at the top. When I delete what seems
                          > to be the code in the template, it simply reinserts it next
                          > time I run the clip.

                          Have you checked "Options > HTML/Web Files: [x] Create XHTML Tags"?
                          If yes then remove the tick.

                          HTH
                        • Peter
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 30, 2012
                            Many thanks. That did it. I no longer get the extra coding when I use the Create HTML5 web page clip in HTML-CSS.

                            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "m.feichtinger" <mafei@...> wrote:

                            > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterhulm@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > [...], and cannot see in the template how to get rid of the
                            > > XHMTL 1.0 code right at the top. When I delete what seems
                            > > to be the code in the template, it simply reinserts it next
                            > > time I run the clip.
                            > >

                            > Have you checked "Options > HTML/Web Files: [x] Create XHTML Tags"?
                            > If yes then remove the tick.
                            >
                            > HTH

                          • Peter
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 1, 2013
                              I have slightly edited the datetime clip I posted earlier so that it fits HTML5 better by insert a <time> tag into the coding.

                              ^!Clip CheckLogical

                              :PasteTag
                              ^!Set %Value%=datetime
                              ^!IfTrue "^%p_LogicalTag%" ^!Set %Value%=datetime
                              ^!InsertHtml <time^& ^%Value%^& ^$GetDate(yyyy-mm-dd)$^& pubdate>^$GetDate(dd mmmm yyyy)$</time>