[Clip] Re: Clips for Java

  • Clint Tredway
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2000
      Thanks.....

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Wayne VanWeerthuizen [mailto:wayne@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2000 10:33 AM
      To: ntb-clips@egroups.com
      Subject: [Clip] Re: Clips for Java

      Clint Tredway <CTredway@...> wrote:

      >Wayne,
      >Can you resend those clips for java?

      H="Compile Java"
      ;// Get rid of old error file, so we don't get misled by seeing it around
      ^!SET %ErrorFile%=^$GetStdErrorName$
      ^!DestroyDoc ^%ErrorFile%
      ;// Make sure source code is saved
      ^!Save
      ^!Set %File%=^**
      ;// Prepare a place to put the command's output
      ^!Set %DocIndex%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!Toolbar "New Document"
      ;// Compile the java applet
      ^!InsertText ^$GetOutput("C:\JDK\BIN\JAVAC -deprecation" "^%File%")$
      ;// Close the file if command produced no output.
      ^!If ^$GetTextSize$ > 1 SKIP
      ^!Close DISCARD
      ;// Check for an error file
      ^!IFFILEEXIST "^%ErrorFile%" DISPLAYERROR
      ;// No errors to refocus on source code document
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%DocIndex%
      ^!GOTO END
      ;// Load and display errors
      :DISPLAYERROR
      ^!OPEN ^%ErrorFile%
      ^!SetWordWrap ON
      ^!SOUND SystemExclamation

      H="Jump to source line from error file"
      ;// Find the line number
      ^!Select LINE
      ^!Find ": " SH
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!Set %Position%="^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$"
      ^!Find ":" BS
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!SelectTo ^%Position%
      ^!Set %Line%="^$GetSelection$"
      ;// Find the filename for the source code
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!MoveCursor -1
      ^!Select BOL
      ^!Set %File%="^$GetSelection$"
      ;// Open the source file
      ^!Open ^%File%
      ;// Position Cursor on line
      ^!Jump ^%Line%

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen

      Looking for educational tools for you kids?

      Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
      http://click.egroups.com/1/645/3/_/2798/_/947176405

      -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
      -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ntb-clips&m=1
    • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 11, 2000
        I've updated a clip that may be helpful to other programmers. Its
        purpose is for when you are looking at a list of compilation errors
        (loaded as a NoteTab document) you can use the clip to quickly and
        easily open a NoteTab document to the specific line of source code to
        which the error output refers. Just have your cursor anywhere in the
        error message before using the clip. The clip was developed for use
        with "javac", but it should also work with the output produced by many
        compilers for other languages.

        Here is an example with a sample of error output from a Java applet I'm
        working on: If I put my cursor near either instance of the word "zero"
        (Actually, anywhere on those two lines) the clip below opens IPC.java
        and positions the cursor on line 6032.

        C:\JavaProg\IPC.java:6030: Invalid expression statement.
        if ( IPC.fiftyWidget == widget ) IPC.fiftyWidget == null;
        ^
        C:\JavaProg\IPC.java:6032: Undefined variable: zero
        if ( widget.getAnchorOfMouse( x, y ) >= zero )
        ^
        2 errors

        This update stops NoteTab from printing error messages if the clip is
        accidentally used on a document that does not contain error message
        output, and allows the cursor to be placed on any line of the error
        message, instead of just the first. I don't expect it will need any
        more updates, unless something needs to be changed to make it work
        better with the output of other compilers that I've not yet tested.

        Now, here is the clip:

        H="Jump to Line from Error Output"
        :Redo
        ^!FocusDoc
        ; Look from current cursor position for something resembling:
        ^!Select LINE
        ^!Find ": " SH
        ^!IfError Error
        ^!Jump Select_Start
        ^!Set %Position%="^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$"
        ^!Find ":" BS
        ^!IfError Error
        ^!Jump Select_End
        ^!SelectTo ^%Position%
        ^!Set %Line%="^$GetSelection$"
        ; Line Number has been found.
        ^!Jump Select_Start
        ^!MoveCursor -1
        ^!Select BOL
        ^!Set %File%="^$GetSelection$"
        ; Filename has been found.
        ^!Open ^%File%
        ^!Jump ^%Line%
        ^!Goto Exit
        ; If we had an error, it means a find failed, which means the
        ; cursor was not on the first line of an error message. We back
        ; up a line and try again. (The -2 is because the above code
        ; moves the cursor down a during the search line.)
        :Error
        ^!If ^$GetRow$ < 2 Exit
        ^!Jump -2
        ^!Goto Redo

        --
        Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 11, 2000
          Hi Wayne,

          [NTB] Re: Customization of Headers and Footers when Printing

          Here is a work around for you, not much of one, but it will work.
          The ^$GetText$ will not work when certain functions are in the doc
          as you know.

          H=Print
          ; ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^$GetText$")$ Error
          ^!Set %FileName%=^##
          ; one line
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+P &100 Shift+Tab Right Right Right Alt+T #^%FileName% Printed by Wayne# Enter
          ; ^!Goto End

          ; :Error
          ; ^!Info You must focus a document to print.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Clip List...
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...