Re: [Clip] How to make the clip?

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
      "flo.gehrke" wrote:
      > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

      Not quite. That neither adds a space to lines nor deletes it from
      paragraphs. If you're already satisfied with what Split Lines does, you
      can stop right there.

      Part of that clip is very old and comes from a time when I avoided
      Regex. Thus the possibility of more than one space at lines' ends was
      dealt with through:

      ^!Replace " ^P ^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
      ^!Replace " ^P^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
      ^!Replace " ^P^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI

      I wouldn't write it like that any more and rather use a one-line Regex,
      but why change what works?

      Apart from that you're right in that your suggestion does not get rid of
      all double newlines but specificlly those added above.
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
        "flo.gehrke" wrote:
        > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

        If you meant the whole solution without Join Lines, then it doesn't
        work. The example as copied from the mail has no spaces in front of the
        unwanted newlines. Just deleting them will join two words. But looking
        closer

        ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> " " WARS

        should work and indeed do the trick in one single one-liner, provided
        word wrapped long lines are accepted where I provided hard wrapped ones.

        Axel
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012

          > Just deleting them will join two words. But looking closer
          >
          > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> " " WARS
          >
          > should work and indeed do the trick in one single one-liner,
          > provided word wrapped long lines are accepted where I provided hard
          > wrapped ones

          Thanks for correcting this!

          I can't see, however, that puusto13 asked for word-wrap, empty lines etc. For me, the guiding principle is what we see from the data "before & after" that were posted.

          Regards,
          Flo
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
            "flo.gehrke" wrote:
            > For me, the guiding principle is what we see from the data
            > "before & after" that were posted.

            Absolutely. However in a mail lines are usually hard-wrapped, whether
            intended or not. My main reason, to be honest, was though, that I
            adapted an earlier solution where wrapping the result was required.