Re: [Clip] How to make the clip?

  • Don
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
      On 12/8/2012 11:04 PM, flo.gehrke wrote:
      > ...or just:
      >
      > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS
      >
      > Regards,
      > Flo

      Brilliant!
      Find explanation
      \R means any return character
      (?! means and NOT
      \d means number
      | means or
      Psalmi means literally that ...
      ) closes the alternate not choices.

      Replace with nothing ""

      W = whole document
      A = all
      R = ReGex
      S = silent

      so remove all return characters that are not followed immediately by a
      number or the word Psalmi.
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
        "flo.gehrke" wrote:
        > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

        Not quite. That neither adds a space to lines nor deletes it from
        paragraphs. If you're already satisfied with what Split Lines does, you
        can stop right there.

        Part of that clip is very old and comes from a time when I avoided
        Regex. Thus the possibility of more than one space at lines' ends was
        dealt with through:

        ^!Replace " ^P ^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
        ^!Replace " ^P^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
        ^!Replace " ^P^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI

        I wouldn't write it like that any more and rather use a one-line Regex,
        but why change what works?

        Apart from that you're right in that your suggestion does not get rid of
        all double newlines but specificlly those added above.
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
          "flo.gehrke" wrote:
          > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

          If you meant the whole solution without Join Lines, then it doesn't
          work. The example as copied from the mail has no spaces in front of the
          unwanted newlines. Just deleting them will join two words. But looking
          closer

          ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> " " WARS

          should work and indeed do the trick in one single one-liner, provided
          word wrapped long lines are accepted where I provided hard wrapped ones.

          Axel
        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012

            > Just deleting them will join two words. But looking closer
            >
            > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> " " WARS
            >
            > should work and indeed do the trick in one single one-liner,
            > provided word wrapped long lines are accepted where I provided hard
            > wrapped ones

            Thanks for correcting this!

            I can't see, however, that puusto13 asked for word-wrap, empty lines etc. For me, the guiding principle is what we see from the data "before & after" that were posted.

            Regards,
            Flo
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
              "flo.gehrke" wrote:
              > For me, the guiding principle is what we see from the data
              > "before & after" that were posted.

              Absolutely. However in a mail lines are usually hard-wrapped, whether
              intended or not. My main reason, to be honest, was though, that I
              adapted an earlier solution where wrapping the result was required.