Re: [Clip] How to make the clip?

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012

      > This is not elegant and cobbled together from stuff in my
      > clipbar. (..)
      >
      > ^!Replace "^(\d+)\. " >> "\n$1\. " WRASTI
      > ^!Replace "^Psalmi (\d+)" >> "\nPsalmi $1" WRASTI
      > ^!Select ALL
      > ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Join Lines
      > ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Split Lines
      > ^!Replace "^P" >> " ^P" HASTI
      > ^!Replace " ^P ^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
      > ^!Replace " +\R\R" >> "\n\n" HRASTI
      > ^!Replace "^P^P" >> "^P" HASTI
      >
      > There are lots of far more elegant alternatives e.g.
      > using ^$StrSplit()$

      ...or just:

      ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Don
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
        On 12/8/2012 11:04 PM, flo.gehrke wrote:
        > ...or just:
        >
        > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS
        >
        > Regards,
        > Flo

        Brilliant!
        Find explanation
        \R means any return character
        (?! means and NOT
        \d means number
        | means or
        Psalmi means literally that ...
        ) closes the alternate not choices.

        Replace with nothing ""

        W = whole document
        A = all
        R = ReGex
        S = silent

        so remove all return characters that are not followed immediately by a
        number or the word Psalmi.
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
          "flo.gehrke" wrote:
          > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

          Not quite. That neither adds a space to lines nor deletes it from
          paragraphs. If you're already satisfied with what Split Lines does, you
          can stop right there.

          Part of that clip is very old and comes from a time when I avoided
          Regex. Thus the possibility of more than one space at lines' ends was
          dealt with through:

          ^!Replace " ^P ^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
          ^!Replace " ^P^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
          ^!Replace " ^P^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI

          I wouldn't write it like that any more and rather use a one-line Regex,
          but why change what works?

          Apart from that you're right in that your suggestion does not get rid of
          all double newlines but specificlly those added above.
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
            "flo.gehrke" wrote:
            > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

            If you meant the whole solution without Join Lines, then it doesn't
            work. The example as copied from the mail has no spaces in front of the
            unwanted newlines. Just deleting them will join two words. But looking
            closer

            ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> " " WARS

            should work and indeed do the trick in one single one-liner, provided
            word wrapped long lines are accepted where I provided hard wrapped ones.

            Axel
          • flo.gehrke
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012

              > Just deleting them will join two words. But looking closer
              >
              > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> " " WARS
              >
              > should work and indeed do the trick in one single one-liner,
              > provided word wrapped long lines are accepted where I provided hard
              > wrapped ones

              Thanks for correcting this!

              I can't see, however, that puusto13 asked for word-wrap, empty lines etc. For me, the guiding principle is what we see from the data "before & after" that were posted.

              Regards,
              Flo
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
                "flo.gehrke" wrote:
                > For me, the guiding principle is what we see from the data
                > "before & after" that were posted.

                Absolutely. However in a mail lines are usually hard-wrapped, whether
                intended or not. My main reason, to be honest, was though, that I
                adapted an earlier solution where wrapping the result was required.