Re: [Clip] How to make the clip?

  • puusto13
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
      Hi,

      Thank You. This is what I want. Very good job:)

      TL

      > puusto13 wrote:
      > > Can somebody help me and make me the clip.
      >
      > This is not elegant and cobbled together from stuff in my clipbar. You
      > should have set the line length in the editor to your preferred size
      > before running it.
      > Split lines gets rid of the space at the end of lines not ending
      > paragraphs, which is usually the opposite of what I want. The next
      > commands rectify it. The blank lines are needed to mark the difference
      > between paragraph- and line-ends and can be got rid of in the end.
      >

      > ^!Replace "^(\d+)\. " >> "\n$1\. " WRASTI
      > ^!Replace "^Psalmi (\d+)" >> "\nPsalmi $1" WRASTI
      > ^!Select ALL
      > ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Join Lines
      > ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Split Lines
      > ^!Replace "^P" >> " ^P" HASTI
      > ^!Replace " ^P ^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
      > ^!Replace " +\R\R" >> "\n\n" HRASTI
      > ^!Replace "^P^P" >> "^P" HASTI
      >
      > There are lots of far more elegant alternatives e.g. using ^$StrSplit()$
      >
      > Axel

    • flo.gehrke
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012

        > This is not elegant and cobbled together from stuff in my
        > clipbar. (..)
        >
        > ^!Replace "^(\d+)\. " >> "\n$1\. " WRASTI
        > ^!Replace "^Psalmi (\d+)" >> "\nPsalmi $1" WRASTI
        > ^!Select ALL
        > ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Join Lines
        > ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Split Lines
        > ^!Replace "^P" >> " ^P" HASTI
        > ^!Replace " ^P ^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
        > ^!Replace " +\R\R" >> "\n\n" HRASTI
        > ^!Replace "^P^P" >> "^P" HASTI
        >
        > There are lots of far more elegant alternatives e.g.
        > using ^$StrSplit()$

        ...or just:

        ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

        Regards,
        Flo
      • Don
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
          On 12/8/2012 11:04 PM, flo.gehrke wrote:
          > ...or just:
          >
          > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS
          >
          > Regards,
          > Flo

          Brilliant!
          Find explanation
          \R means any return character
          (?! means and NOT
          \d means number
          | means or
          Psalmi means literally that ...
          ) closes the alternate not choices.

          Replace with nothing ""

          W = whole document
          A = all
          R = ReGex
          S = silent

          so remove all return characters that are not followed immediately by a
          number or the word Psalmi.
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
            "flo.gehrke" wrote:
            > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

            Not quite. That neither adds a space to lines nor deletes it from
            paragraphs. If you're already satisfied with what Split Lines does, you
            can stop right there.

            Part of that clip is very old and comes from a time when I avoided
            Regex. Thus the possibility of more than one space at lines' ends was
            dealt with through:

            ^!Replace " ^P ^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
            ^!Replace " ^P^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI
            ^!Replace " ^P^P" >> "^P^P" HASTI

            I wouldn't write it like that any more and rather use a one-line Regex,
            but why change what works?

            Apart from that you're right in that your suggestion does not get rid of
            all double newlines but specificlly those added above.
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
              "flo.gehrke" wrote:
              > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> "" WARS

              If you meant the whole solution without Join Lines, then it doesn't
              work. The example as copied from the mail has no spaces in front of the
              unwanted newlines. Just deleting them will join two words. But looking
              closer

              ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> " " WARS

              should work and indeed do the trick in one single one-liner, provided
              word wrapped long lines are accepted where I provided hard wrapped ones.

              Axel
            • flo.gehrke
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012

                > Just deleting them will join two words. But looking closer
                >
                > ^!Replace "\R(?!\d|Psalmi)" >> " " WARS
                >
                > should work and indeed do the trick in one single one-liner,
                > provided word wrapped long lines are accepted where I provided hard
                > wrapped ones

                Thanks for correcting this!

                I can't see, however, that puusto13 asked for word-wrap, empty lines etc. For me, the guiding principle is what we see from the data "before & after" that were posted.

                Regards,
                Flo
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
                  "flo.gehrke" wrote:
                  > For me, the guiding principle is what we see from the data
                  > "before & after" that were posted.

                  Absolutely. However in a mail lines are usually hard-wrapped, whether
                  intended or not. My main reason, to be honest, was though, that I
                  adapted an earlier solution where wrapping the result was required.