Re: [Clip] Re: Finding matching parentheses

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
      "flo.gehrke" wrote:
      > And it's even less fun if the conditions are changed
      > with each message :-(

      Yes, I'm very sorry about that. I had /meant/ to make clear from the
      outset, that those {} may contain just about "anything" and still be a
      legal TeX constraint. Just about the only constraint is inner curly
      braces having to be paired and come in the right order.

      The example given was an extremely simple one. I already knew Match
      Brackets copes with anything thrown at it so did not need to try to trip
      it up. I only needed to make sure that my sequence of Find, Match,
      GetSelection worked as I wanted it to and for that a simple word
      sufficed. Your second Regex won't find

      \foreignlanguage{greek}{Axel {Berger} Odenthal}

      I just see, I had not stressed from the outset that a _general_ solution
      was needed. What I have is a database of books and articles and I
      automatically generate lists of references in LaTeX and HTML. TeX is the
      main format and NT translates to HTML. What I am working on right now is
      the best format for incorporating titles in non-latin script into that
      database.

      Danke