[Clip] Re: Finding matching parentheses

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2012

      > "flo.gehrke" wrote:
      > > Please test it again.
      >
      > To be honest, I had not tested, just looked at it, and you're
      > right. (..) Have
      >
      > \foreignlanguage{greek}{Axel{Berger}Odenthal} some more waffle
      > \foreignlanguage{greek}{Axel{Berger}Odenthal}
      >
      > without any hard line break and that search falls flat on its face.

      That's why I said there could be a problem with the dot and made a second proposal. Would you mind testing this? Thanks.

      Flo

      P.S. It's always a problem to deal with an issue without having the data and all details. And it's even less fun if the conditions are changed with each message :-(
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
        "flo.gehrke" wrote:
        > And it's even less fun if the conditions are changed
        > with each message :-(

        Yes, I'm very sorry about that. I had /meant/ to make clear from the
        outset, that those {} may contain just about "anything" and still be a
        legal TeX constraint. Just about the only constraint is inner curly
        braces having to be paired and come in the right order.

        The example given was an extremely simple one. I already knew Match
        Brackets copes with anything thrown at it so did not need to try to trip
        it up. I only needed to make sure that my sequence of Find, Match,
        GetSelection worked as I wanted it to and for that a simple word
        sufficed. Your second Regex won't find

        \foreignlanguage{greek}{Axel {Berger} Odenthal}

        I just see, I had not stressed from the outset that a _general_ solution
        was needed. What I have is a database of books and articles and I
        automatically generate lists of references in LaTeX and HTML. TeX is the
        main format and NT translates to HTML. What I am working on right now is
        the best format for incorporating titles in non-latin script into that
        database.

        Danke