Re: StrReplace

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012

      > Maybe you could resolve it with something like (corrected)...
      >
      > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS
      > ^!Set %Char%="&#^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"
      > ^!InsertText ^$StrReplace("^$GetSelection$";"^%Char%";"^$GetSelection$";R)$

      Or just...

      ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" R
      ^!Set %Char%="&#^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"
      ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "^%Char%" ST

      Regards,
      Flo
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
        "flo.gehrke" wrote:
        > > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS

        Yes, but it needs to be a Find H inside a selection and the first hit
        destroys it. I'll now use a regex ^!Replace to mark the russian letters
        and a second ^!Find loop to work them one by one.

        And thanks for the other hints - I had spotted the missing parentheses
        myself, but it did take some time.

        Axel
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
          I often do things like this, and find it easiest to do the initial find, then use replaces within that find, then loop
          back to do another find. You can use IfError Next within a selection without breaking the selection. I also use \K and
          (?=�) to limit the find to only the exact character strings that I want to operate on. Sometimes (?s) is also needed if
          line breaks are involved in the find.

          So, overall structure is this:
          Jump 1
          :Start
          Find [whatever]
          IfError End
          Replace [whatever] >> [whatever] AHIRS0
          IfError Next Else Skip_-1
          [any other Replaces that are needed]
          ^!Jump Select_End
          GoTo Start
          :End

          The result is a loop within a loop without breaking the selection.

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
            John Shotsky wrote:
            > Replace [whatever] >> [whatever] AHIRS0
            > IfError Next Else Skip_-1

            That If ought to be superfluous - the A already does the same.

            And yes, thats exactly what I'm going to do, except that with Replace I
            can only set a marker, not the final thing which requires using a
            function.
            As ^$Function($1)$ can't be used I'll have to loop them one by one and
            use ^$Function(^$GetSelection$)$.

            Never mind. In most cases there won't be any Russian and then it all
            boils down to two failed Finds, that take up no time whatever. Still,
            Regex and functions would be very nice to have in the same Replace
            command or function.

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 30, 2012
              Axel Berger wrote:
              > And yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do,

              To finalize the thread, this is what I've come up with and what seems to
              work fine:

              :russian
              ^!Jump TEXT_START
              :russloop
              ;long line start
              ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251(.*?)^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist"
              HRS1
              ;long line end
              ;^!Continue
              ^!IfError unicode
              ^!Replace "([\xC0-\xFF])" >> "&#R$1;" HRAST
              ^!Goto russloop
              :unicode
              ^!Jump TEXT_START
              :uniloop
              ^!Find "&#(R.);" RS1
              ;^!Continue
              ^!IfError atari
              ;long line start
              ^!InsertText
              ^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$StrCopyRight("^$GetSelection$";1)$)$;0)$
              ;long line end
              ^!Goto uniloop
              :atari

              Axel
            • joy8388608
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 30, 2012

                > "flo.gehrke" wrote:
                > > > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS
                >
                > Yes, but it needs to be a Find H inside a selection and the first hit
                > destroys it. I'll now use a regex ^!Replace to mark the russian letters and a second ^!Find loop to work them one by one.
                >
                > Axel

                How about a set of farclip subroutines that remember the current selection and reselect the remembered selection? That would be a nice enhancement!

                Joy
              • flo.gehrke
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012

                  > To finalize the thread, this is what I've come up with and what
                  ; seems to work fine:

                  > :russian
                  > ^!Jump TEXT_START
                  > :russloop
                  > ;long line start
                  > ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251(.*?)^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist"
                  > HRS1
                  > ;long line end
                  > ;^!Continue
                  > ^!IfError unicode
                  > ^!Replace "([\xC0-\xFF])" >> "&#R$1;" HRAST
                  > ^!Goto russloop
                  > :unicode
                  > ^!Jump TEXT_START
                  > :uniloop
                  > ^!Find "&#(R.);" RS1
                  > ;^!Continue
                  > ^!IfError atari
                  > ;long line start
                  > ^!InsertText
                  > ^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$StrCopyRight("^$GetSelection$";1)$)$;0)$
                  > ;long line end
                  > ^!Goto uniloop
                  > :atari

                  Interesting solution!

                  Maybe you could even omit marking those characters with 'R'. Search those characters inside the selection, assign them to an array, and edit them one after another in the same order.

                  I don't have your data and couldn't test it. But possibly it could work as follows:

                  ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251.*?^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist" WRS
                  ^!SetListDelimiter "|"
                  ^!SetArray %Char%=^$GetDocListAll("[\xC0-\xFF]";"&#$0;|")$
                  ^!Set %i%=1

                  :Loop
                  ^!Find "[\xC0-\xFF]" RS
                  ; Long line start
                  ^!InsertText ^$StrReplace(^$GetSelection$;^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"^%Char^%i%%";R)$
                  ; Long line end
                  ^!Inc %i%
                  ^!If ^%i% < ^%Char0 Loop

                  Regards,
                  Flo
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                    "flo.gehrke" wrote:
                    > Maybe you could even omit marking those characters with 'R'. Search
                    > those characters inside the selection, assign them to an array, and
                    > edit them one after another in the same order.

                    There may be more than one such foreign block and there may be more than
                    one lnguage, Greek and Hebrew are other possibilities. That's why I
                    needed the R to specify Russian.