Re: [Clip] StrReplace

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
      Axel Berger wrote:
      > I hoped to avoid a second inner loop.

      Addendum: I can't use an inner loop.

      ^!Find "something" H

      selects the found item and destroys the outer selection.

      ^!Replace "old" >> "new" H

      doesn't allow a function in "new".

      I might go to the length of doing

      ^!Replace "old" >> "#markrussian#old#endmark#" H

      and run a second loop over the whole text without changing non-russian
      upper characters. This is becoming a lot of hassle for a simple task.

      Axel
    • flo.gehrke
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012

        > How do I use the found string? $1 does not seem to work.

        '^$CharToDec()$ is a conventional string function that can't deal with a RegEx metacharacter. So '$1' isn't interpreted as a back reference here but as a literal:

        ^!Info ^$CharToDec($1)$ --> 36. i.e. the decimal value of '$' (1 is ignored)

        Maybe you could resolve it with something like...

        ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS
        ^!Set %Char%="&#^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"
        ^!InsertText ^$StrReplace("^$GetSelection$";"^%Char%";"^$GetSelection$";RA)$

        Also note: '[\xC0-\xF0]' wouldn't work as a substring unless it written in parentheses. Example:

        ^!Info ^$StrReplace("(apple)\x20tree";"$1\x20pie";"apple tree";R)$ --> apple pie

        Regards,
        Flo
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012

          > Maybe you could resolve it with something like (corrected)...
          >
          > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS
          > ^!Set %Char%="&#^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"
          > ^!InsertText ^$StrReplace("^$GetSelection$";"^%Char%";"^$GetSelection$";R)$

          Or just...

          ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" R
          ^!Set %Char%="&#^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"
          ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "^%Char%" ST

          Regards,
          Flo
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
            "flo.gehrke" wrote:
            > > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS

            Yes, but it needs to be a Find H inside a selection and the first hit
            destroys it. I'll now use a regex ^!Replace to mark the russian letters
            and a second ^!Find loop to work them one by one.

            And thanks for the other hints - I had spotted the missing parentheses
            myself, but it did take some time.

            Axel
          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
              I often do things like this, and find it easiest to do the initial find, then use replaces within that find, then loop
              back to do another find. You can use IfError Next within a selection without breaking the selection. I also use \K and
              (?=�) to limit the find to only the exact character strings that I want to operate on. Sometimes (?s) is also needed if
              line breaks are involved in the find.

              So, overall structure is this:
              Jump 1
              :Start
              Find [whatever]
              IfError End
              Replace [whatever] >> [whatever] AHIRS0
              IfError Next Else Skip_-1
              [any other Replaces that are needed]
              ^!Jump Select_End
              GoTo Start
              :End

              The result is a loop within a loop without breaking the selection.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
                John Shotsky wrote:
                > Replace [whatever] >> [whatever] AHIRS0
                > IfError Next Else Skip_-1

                That If ought to be superfluous - the A already does the same.

                And yes, thats exactly what I'm going to do, except that with Replace I
                can only set a marker, not the final thing which requires using a
                function.
                As ^$Function($1)$ can't be used I'll have to loop them one by one and
                use ^$Function(^$GetSelection$)$.

                Never mind. In most cases there won't be any Russian and then it all
                boils down to two failed Finds, that take up no time whatever. Still,
                Regex and functions would be very nice to have in the same Replace
                command or function.

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 30, 2012
                  Axel Berger wrote:
                  > And yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do,

                  To finalize the thread, this is what I've come up with and what seems to
                  work fine:

                  :russian
                  ^!Jump TEXT_START
                  :russloop
                  ;long line start
                  ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251(.*?)^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist"
                  HRS1
                  ;long line end
                  ;^!Continue
                  ^!IfError unicode
                  ^!Replace "([\xC0-\xFF])" >> "&#R$1;" HRAST
                  ^!Goto russloop
                  :unicode
                  ^!Jump TEXT_START
                  :uniloop
                  ^!Find "&#(R.);" RS1
                  ;^!Continue
                  ^!IfError atari
                  ;long line start
                  ^!InsertText
                  ^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$StrCopyRight("^$GetSelection$";1)$)$;0)$
                  ;long line end
                  ^!Goto uniloop
                  :atari

                  Axel
                • joy8388608
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 30, 2012

                    > "flo.gehrke" wrote:
                    > > > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS
                    >
                    > Yes, but it needs to be a Find H inside a selection and the first hit
                    > destroys it. I'll now use a regex ^!Replace to mark the russian letters and a second ^!Find loop to work them one by one.
                    >
                    > Axel

                    How about a set of farclip subroutines that remember the current selection and reselect the remembered selection? That would be a nice enhancement!

                    Joy
                  • flo.gehrke
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012

                      > To finalize the thread, this is what I've come up with and what
                      ; seems to work fine:

                      > :russian
                      > ^!Jump TEXT_START
                      > :russloop
                      > ;long line start
                      > ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251(.*?)^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist"
                      > HRS1
                      > ;long line end
                      > ;^!Continue
                      > ^!IfError unicode
                      > ^!Replace "([\xC0-\xFF])" >> "&#R$1;" HRAST
                      > ^!Goto russloop
                      > :unicode
                      > ^!Jump TEXT_START
                      > :uniloop
                      > ^!Find "&#(R.);" RS1
                      > ;^!Continue
                      > ^!IfError atari
                      > ;long line start
                      > ^!InsertText
                      > ^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$StrCopyRight("^$GetSelection$";1)$)$;0)$
                      > ;long line end
                      > ^!Goto uniloop
                      > :atari

                      Interesting solution!

                      Maybe you could even omit marking those characters with 'R'. Search those characters inside the selection, assign them to an array, and edit them one after another in the same order.

                      I don't have your data and couldn't test it. But possibly it could work as follows:

                      ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251.*?^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist" WRS
                      ^!SetListDelimiter "|"
                      ^!SetArray %Char%=^$GetDocListAll("[\xC0-\xFF]";"&#$0;|")$
                      ^!Set %i%=1

                      :Loop
                      ^!Find "[\xC0-\xFF]" RS
                      ; Long line start
                      ^!InsertText ^$StrReplace(^$GetSelection$;^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"^%Char^%i%%";R)$
                      ; Long line end
                      ^!Inc %i%
                      ^!If ^%i% < ^%Char0 Loop

                      Regards,
                      Flo
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                        "flo.gehrke" wrote:
                        > Maybe you could even omit marking those characters with 'R'. Search
                        > those characters inside the selection, assign them to an array, and
                        > edit them one after another in the same order.

                        There may be more than one such foreign block and there may be more than
                        one lnguage, Greek and Hebrew are other possibilities. That's why I
                        needed the R to specify Russian.