Re: [Clip] StrReplace

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
      hsavage wrote:
      > fixed variable ^%Dollar%.
      > ^$CharToDec(^%Dollar%1)$;0)$

      Doesn't help. In my UTF converter, where I expected only few such
      characters loosely scattered through the text I looped through
      individual chars. Here, where it is a compact block of all Russian, I
      hoped to avoid a second inner loop.

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
        Axel Berger wrote:
        > I hoped to avoid a second inner loop.

        Addendum: I can't use an inner loop.

        ^!Find "something" H

        selects the found item and destroys the outer selection.

        ^!Replace "old" >> "new" H

        doesn't allow a function in "new".

        I might go to the length of doing

        ^!Replace "old" >> "#markrussian#old#endmark#" H

        and run a second loop over the whole text without changing non-russian
        upper characters. This is becoming a lot of hassle for a simple task.

        Axel
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012

          > How do I use the found string? $1 does not seem to work.

          '^$CharToDec()$ is a conventional string function that can't deal with a RegEx metacharacter. So '$1' isn't interpreted as a back reference here but as a literal:

          ^!Info ^$CharToDec($1)$ --> 36. i.e. the decimal value of '$' (1 is ignored)

          Maybe you could resolve it with something like...

          ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS
          ^!Set %Char%="&#^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"
          ^!InsertText ^$StrReplace("^$GetSelection$";"^%Char%";"^$GetSelection$";RA)$

          Also note: '[\xC0-\xF0]' wouldn't work as a substring unless it written in parentheses. Example:

          ^!Info ^$StrReplace("(apple)\x20tree";"$1\x20pie";"apple tree";R)$ --> apple pie

          Regards,
          Flo
        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012

            > Maybe you could resolve it with something like (corrected)...
            >
            > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS
            > ^!Set %Char%="&#^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"
            > ^!InsertText ^$StrReplace("^$GetSelection$";"^%Char%";"^$GetSelection$";R)$

            Or just...

            ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" R
            ^!Set %Char%="&#^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"
            ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "^%Char%" ST

            Regards,
            Flo
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
              "flo.gehrke" wrote:
              > > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS

              Yes, but it needs to be a Find H inside a selection and the first hit
              destroys it. I'll now use a regex ^!Replace to mark the russian letters
              and a second ^!Find loop to work them one by one.

              And thanks for the other hints - I had spotted the missing parentheses
              myself, but it did take some time.

              Axel
            • John Shotsky
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
                I often do things like this, and find it easiest to do the initial find, then use replaces within that find, then loop
                back to do another find. You can use IfError Next within a selection without breaking the selection. I also use \K and
                (?=�) to limit the find to only the exact character strings that I want to operate on. Sometimes (?s) is also needed if
                line breaks are involved in the find.

                So, overall structure is this:
                Jump 1
                :Start
                Find [whatever]
                IfError End
                Replace [whatever] >> [whatever] AHIRS0
                IfError Next Else Skip_-1
                [any other Replaces that are needed]
                ^!Jump Select_End
                GoTo Start
                :End

                The result is a loop within a loop without breaking the selection.

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 29, 2012
                  John Shotsky wrote:
                  > Replace [whatever] >> [whatever] AHIRS0
                  > IfError Next Else Skip_-1

                  That If ought to be superfluous - the A already does the same.

                  And yes, thats exactly what I'm going to do, except that with Replace I
                  can only set a marker, not the final thing which requires using a
                  function.
                  As ^$Function($1)$ can't be used I'll have to loop them one by one and
                  use ^$Function(^$GetSelection$)$.

                  Never mind. In most cases there won't be any Russian and then it all
                  boils down to two failed Finds, that take up no time whatever. Still,
                  Regex and functions would be very nice to have in the same Replace
                  command or function.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 30, 2012
                    Axel Berger wrote:
                    > And yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do,

                    To finalize the thread, this is what I've come up with and what seems to
                    work fine:

                    :russian
                    ^!Jump TEXT_START
                    :russloop
                    ;long line start
                    ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251(.*?)^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist"
                    HRS1
                    ;long line end
                    ;^!Continue
                    ^!IfError unicode
                    ^!Replace "([\xC0-\xFF])" >> "&#R$1;" HRAST
                    ^!Goto russloop
                    :unicode
                    ^!Jump TEXT_START
                    :uniloop
                    ^!Find "&#(R.);" RS1
                    ;^!Continue
                    ^!IfError atari
                    ;long line start
                    ^!InsertText
                    ^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$StrCopyRight("^$GetSelection$";1)$)$;0)$
                    ;long line end
                    ^!Goto uniloop
                    :atari

                    Axel
                  • joy8388608
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 30, 2012

                      > "flo.gehrke" wrote:
                      > > > ^!Find "[\xC0-\xF0]" RS
                      >
                      > Yes, but it needs to be a Find H inside a selection and the first hit
                      > destroys it. I'll now use a regex ^!Replace to mark the russian letters and a second ^!Find loop to work them one by one.
                      >
                      > Axel

                      How about a set of farclip subroutines that remember the current selection and reselect the remembered selection? That would be a nice enhancement!

                      Joy
                    • flo.gehrke
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 1 8:25 AM

                        > To finalize the thread, this is what I've come up with and what
                        ; seems to work fine:

                        > :russian
                        > ^!Jump TEXT_START
                        > :russloop
                        > ;long line start
                        > ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251(.*?)^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist"
                        > HRS1
                        > ;long line end
                        > ;^!Continue
                        > ^!IfError unicode
                        > ^!Replace "([\xC0-\xFF])" >> "&#R$1;" HRAST
                        > ^!Goto russloop
                        > :unicode
                        > ^!Jump TEXT_START
                        > :uniloop
                        > ^!Find "&#(R.);" RS1
                        > ;^!Continue
                        > ^!IfError atari
                        > ;long line start
                        > ^!InsertText
                        > ^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$StrCopyRight("^$GetSelection$";1)$)$;0)$
                        > ;long line end
                        > ^!Goto uniloop
                        > :atari

                        Interesting solution!

                        Maybe you could even omit marking those characters with 'R'. Search those characters inside the selection, assign them to an array, and edit them one after another in the same order.

                        I don't have your data and couldn't test it. But possibly it could work as follows:

                        ^!Find "(?s)^\\inputencoding\{x-cp1251.*?^\\inputencoding\{x-atarist" WRS
                        ^!SetListDelimiter "|"
                        ^!SetArray %Char%=^$GetDocListAll("[\xC0-\xFF]";"&#$0;|")$
                        ^!Set %i%=1

                        :Loop
                        ^!Find "[\xC0-\xFF]" RS
                        ; Long line start
                        ^!InsertText ^$StrReplace(^$GetSelection$;^$Calc(848+^$CharToDec(^$GetSelection$)$)$;"^%Char^%i%%";R)$
                        ; Long line end
                        ^!Inc %i%
                        ^!If ^%i% < ^%Char0 Loop

                        Regards,
                        Flo
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 1 8:38 AM
                          "flo.gehrke" wrote:
                          > Maybe you could even omit marking those characters with 'R'. Search
                          > those characters inside the selection, assign them to an array, and
                          > edit them one after another in the same order.

                          There may be more than one such foreign block and there may be more than
                          one lnguage, Greek and Hebrew are other possibilities. That's why I
                          needed the R to specify Russian.