Bug: Character Set again

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      The half baked charset functions in NTP are really beginning to get to
      me. I've still not upgraded from version 7.01, so should the following
      be fixed, please tell me off:

      I am writing a normal document complete with umlauts in standard
      cp-1252. Now I want a small section in Russian. No problem, I save, load
      as "Code page: Cyrillic", set my keyboard to Russian and happily type
      away. (N.B: changing the codepage in the middle of a text is no problem
      for LaTeX, you just say "\inputencoding{x-cp1251}" and go on.) So far,
      so perfect.

      Now, having finshed that section I want to go on as before. So again I
      save the document, switch the keyboard back to German, load the document
      as "Code page: Western" and IT STAYS CYRILLIC!. Of course there is an
      unnecessary and involved workaound: Rename the file on disk, open (as
      default will do now) and save AS the original name. But what the heck!?!

      Can you please, please make this work as advertised?