[Clip] HTML Validator TEMPLATE?

  • Brett Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2000
      Hi there Clips group:

      I've just downloaded the latest version of CSE HTML Validator Lite, and was
      reading the helpfiles up about this feature which kinda imitates SSI.
      Here's what I read:

      <head>
      <title>My Hobbies</title>
      </head>
      (The body of the HTML document can go here. This text is not changed by the
      Template Tool because it is not within the body of the following comment
      section.)
      <!-- TEMPLATESTART
      TEMPLATE=c:\html\footer1.txt
      NAME=John Doe
      -->
      (Any text here is replaced by the template file c:\html\footer1.txt.)
      <!-- TEMPLATEEND -->

      Assume the following document is the template footer.txt.

      Content by $"NAME".

      Now, when you process hobbies.html with the Template Tool, it will be
      changed to the following.

      <head>
      <title>My Hobbies</title>
      </head>
      (The body of the HTML document can go here. This text is not changed by the
      Template Tool because it is not within the body of the following comment
      section.)
      <!-- TEMPLATESTART
      TEMPLATE=c:\html\footer1.txt
      NAME=John Doe
      -->
      Content by John Doe.
      <!-- TEMPLATEEND -->
      Now what I was wondering is if anyone out there could write a clip that did
      this...? My clip skills are not the best, but I thought I'd pass the
      challenge out there for all you clipheads...

      You'd be best to assume there will only be full paths in the TEMPLATE
      variable, and if you can't pull off the other variable bit (NAME) thats ok,
      I only really want the other bit.

      Any more questions? Just mail me. <G>

      Look forward to seeing the fruits of this challenge.

      Please, if you read this on the HTML group, move discussion to the clips
      group... thanks :)

      God Bless,
      - Brett Taylor -
      | _ (!) Brett Taylor <weednix@...>, Nerd for Hire |
      | ( º> ´ http://enkisoft.cjb.net/ icq: 8473626 +64 25-262-5678 |
      | ///\ "Standards are industry's way of codifying obsolescence." |
      | \V_/ dwb |