To transfer adjacent Clips

  • C
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19 7:15 AM
      Friends,

      I have several Clipbooks, and sometimes I need to copy a lot of Clips from a Clipbook to another Clipbook.

      Using the clipboard, I transfer only one Clip per time, and this are time consuming as we have, for example, a Clip that work jointly with 20 more Clips.

      My question are:

      There exist a easy way to transfer a lot of ADJACENT Clips, as we have in the Windows using the Ctrl+C and V?

      Thanks!

      Carlos.
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19 7:28 AM
        Open the clip library as a document, and save it with a new name. Then just delete anything you don't need or don't use
        the ones you don't need.
        Another way is to create a new clip named 'Start' and another one named 'End', save, and then open the library as a
        document, and copy from Start to End, paste into a new document, and save THAT as a new library. (Obviously, you would
        want all the desired clips between Start and End.) If you don't want the Start through End in the original, you can use
        those tags to delete that section, too.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19 2:21 PM
          Open the source file as document (rightclick in the clipbook name).
          Then open the target lib in the clipbook.

          In the source file, select the desired clips, including headers (H="name"...)and code.

          In the target clipbook place the mouse cursor on the clip ABOVe where you want the copied clips to locate, and Right-click, select "Add from Document".

          Done.

          Cheers,

          Eb

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

          > Friends,
          >
          > I have several Clipbooks, and sometimes I need to copy a lot of Clips from a Clipbook to another Clipbook.
          >
          > Using the clipboard, I transfer only one Clip per time, and this are time consuming as we have, for example, a Clip that work jointly with 20 more Clips.
          >
          > My question are:
          >
          > There exist a easy way to transfer a lot of ADJACENT Clips, as we have in the Windows using the Ctrl+C and V?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Carlos.

        • Ian NTnerd
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 21 7:03 AM
            If you want to do this a lot, here is a way to organise and have the
            clips just a click away.

            I use a clip that adds items to the ClipHelp.clh. ClipHelp.clh is
            replaced when you upgrade. If you directly edit this file when you
            upgrade your work will be lost. So with a clip, you can make additions
            again, after an upgrade.

            To make additions you right click on the ClipHelp.clh and choose 'Open'.
            The file can be shown or hidden by pressing F6.

            I call the following clip MyClipHelpAdditions.clb. My real one is longer
            I have just included enough to demonstrate its usage. It makes two
            entries into the ClipHelp. One is used to insert that function into a
            clip, the other is where the clip is stored. After inserting a new clip
            you need to save the clip and go to another clip and come back again to
            refresh the clip list.

            My other thought is to put your common clips into a FarFunc. This does
            not work for all clips, but many can be made to work that way.

            MyClipHelpAdditions.clb

            H="Insert Clip into ClipHelp"
            ^!set %options%=^$StrReplace("^P";"|";"^$GetClipText("FuncList")$";Yes;Yes)$
            ^!set %insert%=^?{(T=L;H=10)Function name to insert=^%options%}
            ^!clip "insertfunc" ^%insert%

            H="_FuncList"
            loopA
            xdigits

            H="_InsertFunc"
            ^!InsertText H="Insert ^& Func"^%nl%
            ^!Clip ~Circonflex
            ^!InsertText !ClipBoardSave^%nl%
            ^!Clip ~Circonflex
            ^!InsertText !CopyClip ~^&^%nl%
            ^!Clip ~Circonflex
            ^!InsertText !Paste^%nl%
            ^!Clip ~Circonflex
            ^!InsertText !ClipBoardRestore^%nl%^%nl%

            ^!InsertText H="_~^&"^%nl%H="_^&"^%nl%
            ^!ClipBoardSave
            ^!CopyClip ~^&
            ^!Paste
            ^!ClipBoardRestore

            H="_~Circonflex"
            ^!InsertText ^

            H="_~loopa"
            ^!Set %IndexA%=0
            ^!Set %LoopCounta%=^%arraya0%
            ^!IfCancel End

            :LoopStartA
            ^!Inc %Indexa%
            ^!If ^%IndexA% > ^%LoopCountA% EndLoopA
            ^!If "^%arrayA^%indexA%%"="" LoopStartA
            ^!clip "^&" ^%arrayA^%indexA%%

            ^!GoTo LoopStartA
            :EndLoopA

            H="_~xdigits"
            ; Output a set number of digits, that is paddes with zeros.
            ; ^$xdigits(2;5)$ would return 05
            ; ^$xdigits(4;50)$ would return 0050
            ; can be call as a far function by farfunc clip.
            ; example ^$farfunc(call:xdigits;4;5)$ will return 0005
            ^!SetListDelimiter ;
            ^!SetArray %numb%=^&
            ^!set %digits%=^%numb1%
            ^!if ^$IsNumber(^%numb2%)$=1 switch else outofrange

            :switch
            ^!if ^$StrSize("^%numb2%")$>^%digits% outofrange
            ^!set %zeros%=^$calc(^%digits%-^$StrSize("^%numb2%")$)$
            ^!set %outvalue%=^$StrFill(0;^%zeros%)$^%numb2%
            ^!goto endxdigits

            :outofrange
            ^!info Out of range. No number with between 1 and ^%digits% digit imput.
            The script will exit.
            ^!goto exit
            :endxdigits
            ^!result ^%outvalue%