[Clip] find by date

  • Manuel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2000
      Hi, I would like to make a clip such as:
      find all files with today date.

      My problem is that dont'k workd CTRL+TAB to go the date opcion,
      (second option when appears the dialog find).

      ^!explorer.exe
      ^!delay 30
      ^!Keyboard F3 &1000 CTRL+TAB

      The last line only make TAB, but not CTRL+TAB

      :-? Any idea?
      --
      Manuel, from Spain
      manumail@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2000
        Hi Manuel,

        >Hi, I would like to make a clip such as:
        >find all files with today date.
        >
        >My problem is that dont'k workd CTRL+TAB to go the date opcion,
        >(second option when appears the dialog find).

        No, it doesn't. For some reason beyond my understanding.

        This is the closest you can get to what you want to do in NoteTab:

        First, you'll need to create a search in Windows Find and save it:
        1) Right-click on My Computer and choose "Explore".
        2) Select drive "C:" on the left pane.
        3) Use Ctrl+F to invoke the Find dialog.
        4) Click on the "Date Modified" tab.
        5) Select the "During the previous [1] days" option.
        6) Click on the "Find Now" button to run the search.
        7) Click on the "File|Save Search" menu. At this point, you'll have the
        new customized search saved on your Desktop.
        8) Find the new icon on your Desktop, right-click on it and rename it to
        something meaningful to you like, for example :"Last Day.fnd". [Make sure
        you keep the ".fnd" extension in the new name, otherwise Find won't work.
        9) Now, copy the icon's Path and insert it in the following Clip in the
        line that says: "REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR PATH", replacing that text. Make
        sure you keep the "^!" at the beginning of the line. It has to be something
        like: "^!C:\windows\desktop\Last Day.fnd"
        10) Optionally, after Find places the Icon on the Desktop, you can move it
        to another folder.

        Then you can use this Clip:
        ;======== Start ========
        H="Find Files: Last 24 Hrs"
        ; RS 01/02/00
        ; Edited With ClipWriter
        ; http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm
        ; http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

        ^!REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR PATH

        :Repeat
        ^!FocusApp Find*
        ^!If ^$StrPos("Find";^$GetAppTitle$;false)$ = 0 Repeat
        ^!Keyboard Alt+I

        Now, running the Clip will give you a list of all files created in the last
        24 hours. (Of course, you can just click on the icon in your Desktop,
        instead of using the Clip...).

        Happy New Year to you and everybody on the List!

        Regards,

        RS

        ClipWriter 1.0