Script Line Number

  • C
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
      Friends,

      You see in the bottom and left corner of the NTP, two numbers like that

      200:40,

      200 are the script line number and 40 are the cursor position.

      How is possible to get this script line number?

      About the execution number, it is possible to get from a SetDebug c:\..., but I need the script line number.

      Thanks!
    • Don
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
        GetLine and GetRow functions.

        > 200:40,
        >
        > 200 are the script line number and 40 are the cursor position.
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

          > How is possible to get this script line number?
          >
          > About the execution number, it is possible to get from a SetDebug c:\..., but I need the script line number.

          I understand that "execution number" means the number of the instruction (or "command line") that is currently parsed (as displayed in Debug mode). In principle, this number doesn't differ from the "script line number".

          However, if there are long word-wrapped command lines or remark lines then the line counting on the screen differs from the command line counting. So, for an exact match of screen lines and command lines, you have to set Word Wrap to 'off'.

          In order to find a specific command line in a clip with its number, double-click on that field on the left of the status bar showing line and column. This opens the 'Search | Go to Line' dialog, or use 'Shift+Ctrl+L'.

          Or choose 'View | Line Numbers' and scroll down to any line number.

          Regards,
          Flo
        • C
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
            Dear Gehrke and fiends, thanks.

            My questions are:

            As you know, the NTP debug system is not complete (the NP are very good, but not his debug). Therefore, I want to write a script or a program to do a powerful debug using a database and/or the Excel. If you write a script with thousands of lines, this is imperative.

            For that, I need two things:

            1. The line number of the "execution", as you see in the SetDebug c:/.....

            2. The line number of the script concerning this specific "execution".

            Do not matter if they are different, this is not a problem.

            There exist any way to get these two numbers, to use in a clip?

            Other question: Did you know any script to do a NTP debug, as we have in several languages, scripts, etc?

            Thanks again.

            Carlos

            1.