[Clip] Clip Wrappers [Error 2]

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2000
      Hi All,

      I have found another error in this clip. This one appears to have been
      caused the same way as the previous one in the same area of the clip. I
      was tidying up the clip and removing things and forgot what I had put in.
      That resulted in my removing things that should have not been removed.

      This problem shows up in that when you do a multi-wrap and each clip gets
      its own wrapper, there is just one blank line between clips. When you run
      the restore function, all of the blank lines get removed and the resulting
      code in the clipboard will not add the clips to your clipbook properly
      because each heading/clip name must be proceeded by a blank line. I
      removed the cr/lf from the end of the %Stylebottom% variables below in
      error so you have to put them back.

      This assumes that you have the clip installed in a clipbook and all of the
      long lines properly joined. Open the Clip Editor on the clip and turn word
      wrap off and go to line 81. I have added the line numbers below so you can
      more easily see where the fix is to be made. Add ^%nl% to the end of lines
      83 and 88. As you can see, line 88 is the only line in this group that is
      wrapped.

      81. :Standard
      82. ^!Set %StyleTop%=---------< start clip >---------
      83. ^!Set %StyleBottom%=---------< end clip >-----------^%nl%
      84. ^!^%Method%
      85.
      86. :Instructive
      87. ^!Set %StyleTop%=______[Copy below this line]_______
      88. ^!Set %StyleBottom%= _____[Copy above this line]______^%nl%| right
      click over the clipbook |^%nl%| and choose "Add from Clipboard" |^%nl%
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯^%nl%

      The last ^%nl% appears to be below the line because the line is made up of
      over score characters. When you make this fix, the multi-wrap function
      will place two blank lines between the clips and the restore function will
      leave one blank line between clips and the "Add from Clipboard" procedure
      should work fine.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Manuel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2000
        Hi, I would like to make a clip such as:
        find all files with today date.

        My problem is that dont'k workd CTRL+TAB to go the date opcion,
        (second option when appears the dialog find).

        ^!explorer.exe
        ^!delay 30
        ^!Keyboard F3 &1000 CTRL+TAB

        The last line only make TAB, but not CTRL+TAB

        :-? Any idea?
        --
        Manuel, from Spain
        manumail@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2000
          Hi Manuel,

          >Hi, I would like to make a clip such as:
          >find all files with today date.
          >
          >My problem is that dont'k workd CTRL+TAB to go the date opcion,
          >(second option when appears the dialog find).

          No, it doesn't. For some reason beyond my understanding.

          This is the closest you can get to what you want to do in NoteTab:

          First, you'll need to create a search in Windows Find and save it:
          1) Right-click on My Computer and choose "Explore".
          2) Select drive "C:" on the left pane.
          3) Use Ctrl+F to invoke the Find dialog.
          4) Click on the "Date Modified" tab.
          5) Select the "During the previous [1] days" option.
          6) Click on the "Find Now" button to run the search.
          7) Click on the "File|Save Search" menu. At this point, you'll have the
          new customized search saved on your Desktop.
          8) Find the new icon on your Desktop, right-click on it and rename it to
          something meaningful to you like, for example :"Last Day.fnd". [Make sure
          you keep the ".fnd" extension in the new name, otherwise Find won't work.
          9) Now, copy the icon's Path and insert it in the following Clip in the
          line that says: "REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR PATH", replacing that text. Make
          sure you keep the "^!" at the beginning of the line. It has to be something
          like: "^!C:\windows\desktop\Last Day.fnd"
          10) Optionally, after Find places the Icon on the Desktop, you can move it
          to another folder.

          Then you can use this Clip:
          ;======== Start ========
          H="Find Files: Last 24 Hrs"
          ; RS 01/02/00
          ; Edited With ClipWriter
          ; http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm
          ; http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

          ^!REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR PATH

          :Repeat
          ^!FocusApp Find*
          ^!If ^$StrPos("Find";^$GetAppTitle$;false)$ = 0 Repeat
          ^!Keyboard Alt+I

          Now, running the Clip will give you a list of all files created in the last
          24 hours. (Of course, you can just click on the icon in your Desktop,
          instead of using the Clip...).

          Happy New Year to you and everybody on the List!

          Regards,

          RS

          ClipWriter 1.0