Re: [Clip] Extracting text from a music .XML file.

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 15, 2012
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Worsfold"<pluralist@...> wrote:

      > So far this is the working version:
      > ^!ClearVariables
      > ^!Continue Extracts Titles and Lyrics. Proceed with a MusicXML file open.
      > (..)

      Adrian,

      I tried to find a complete XML file and downloaded:

      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28120070/pluralist/spiritual/stdenio.xml

      Next I opened that file in NT and ran the latest version of your clip on that file.

      The result is rather confusing, and I doubt that this is what you are trying to achieve. For example, there is no extraction of text at all.

      Is this really the kind of file you are trying to edit? Could you give us a complete XML file your clip is designed for?

      BTW, testing the latest version of my clip against that XML code I get to:

      Lyrics1: Immortal invisible God only wise Most blessed most glorious the Ancient of Days Almighty victorious thy great name we praise
      Lyrics2: In light inaccessible hid from our eyes

      Those '<lyric number>' lines don't start with spaces only but also with '-' (ANSI 45, hex \x2D). I took this into account with the Character Class '[\x20\x2D]' matching both characters.

      But I better stop mentioning any more details before we've got a XML file appropriate for testing...

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Adrian Worsfold
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 16, 2012
        Hello flo

        Brilliant. Later on today I will alter the clip and instructions on my webpage. How you have managed to account for different line lengths in verses baffles me but thanks and I'll give appropriate thanks on the webpage when I re do it, including your further advice.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
        pluralist@...