Re: [Clip] Extracting text from a music .XML file.

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 13, 2012
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

      > Problem is that your first strategy (...) will match the
      > whole block but will not give access (afaik) to the
      > individual words after the index numbers in each line.

      AFAIK, there's no other way than to refer to each substring in particular. Given the following subject string:

      00 aperitif
      01 dessert
      01 soup
      01 beefsteak
      02 coffee

      For rearranging all lines beginning with '01' I would use...

      ^!Replace "(^\d+)(\x20\w+\R)(\1(?2))(\1(?2))" >> "$3$4$1$2" WRS

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Adrian Worsfold
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 16, 2012
        Hello flo

        Brilliant. Later on today I will alter the clip and instructions on my webpage. How you have managed to account for different line lengths in verses baffles me but thanks and I'll give appropriate thanks on the webpage when I re do it, including your further advice.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
        pluralist@...