Re: [Clip] Extracting text from a music .XML file.

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 12, 2012
      On 2012-11-13 00:42, Adrian Worsfold wrote:

      > I'm most grateful. Please don't do any more on the syllables!
      >
      > Why is it though that the thick (as in stupid) end of abilities such
      > as mine revealed in the following won't work?
      >
      > The following sometimes deletes up to </credit> and sometimes does
      > not. That baffles me. It never goes beyond that. It should, in effect,
      > delete after the last </credit> and delete up to the first <credit...
      > It should then convert what is left (the credits!) to pure text
      > without tabs and be put in the clipboard for manual entry into the
      > file made after extracting all those lyrics - provides the titles, see.
      >
      > But it does not work, and yet logic says it should.
      >
      > ^!Jump Doc_End
      > ^!Find "</credit>" [BS]
      > ^!Keyboard RIGHT
      > ^!Keyboard CTRL+SHIFT+END
      > ^!Keyboard DELETE
      > ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      > ^!Find "<credit page"
      > ^!Keyboard HOME
      > ^!Keyboard SHIFT+CTRL+HOME
      > ^!Keyboard DELETE
      >
      > ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/With Paragraph Tags
      > ^!Copy All
      > ^!Close Discard
      >
      > I know it's rubbish but things like DeleteSelection didn't work either.
      >
      > MusicXML files can be found here:
      > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28120070/pluralist/spiritual/hymnsavailable.html
      > as listed usually along with .PDFs and .MIDs according to as I made them.

      Hi Adrian ... I haven't tested your clip but in general its best to
      avoid use of ^!keyboard commands because they can be subject to timing
      delays. I.E. the next ^!Keyboard command gets "thrown away" because the
      preceding has not yet completed.
      .
      Most (all?) movement commands can be replaced with appropriate ^!Jump
      commands and delete commands with appropriate ^!select and ^!menu delete
      combinations,

    • Adrian Worsfold
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 16, 2012
        Hello flo

        Brilliant. Later on today I will alter the clip and instructions on my webpage. How you have managed to account for different line lengths in verses baffles me but thanks and I'll give appropriate thanks on the webpage when I re do it, including your further advice.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
        pluralist@...