Re: [Clip] Extracting text from a music .XML file.

  • Adrian Worsfold
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 12, 2012
      Hello All

      I'm most grateful. Please don't do any more on the syllables!

      Why is it though that the thick (as in stupid) end of abilities such as mine revealed in the following won't work?

      The following sometimes deletes up to </credit> and sometimes does not. That baffles me. It never goes beyond that. It should, in effect, delete after the last </credit> and delete up to the first <credit... It should then convert what is left (the credits!) to pure text without tabs and be put in the clipboard for manual entry into the file made after extracting all those lyrics - provides the titles, see.

      But it does not work, and yet logic says it should.

      ^!Jump Doc_End
      ^!Find "</credit>" [BS]
      ^!Keyboard RIGHT
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+SHIFT+END
      ^!Keyboard DELETE
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      ^!Find "<credit page"
      ^!Keyboard HOME
      ^!Keyboard SHIFT+CTRL+HOME
      ^!Keyboard DELETE

      ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/With Paragraph Tags
      ^!Copy All
      ^!Close Discard

      I know it's rubbish but things like DeleteSelection didn't work either.

      MusicXML files can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28120070/pluralist/spiritual/hymnsavailable.html as listed usually along with .PDFs and .MIDs according to as I made them.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
      pluralist@...
      13-11-2012
      From: Don
      Receiver: ntb-clips
      Time: 2012-11-13, 05:12:46
      Subject: Re: [Clip] Extracting text from a music .XML file.

    • Adrian Worsfold
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 16, 2012
        Hello flo

        Brilliant. Later on today I will alter the clip and instructions on my webpage. How you have managed to account for different line lengths in verses baffles me but thanks and I'll give appropriate thanks on the webpage when I re do it, including your further advice.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
        pluralist@...