Re: [Clip] Extracting text from a music .XML file.

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 12, 2012
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@...> wrote:

      > I don't see the "logic" in the data exactly...

      So do I :-(

      I understand that it's about extracting the strings between '<text>' and ''</text>' only and re-arranging them according with the 'lyric number'. Is this correct?

      So I've tested a short clip that outputs...

      People
      Hailthe
      Buildthe

      when run against your XML sample code.

      The problem is that there are whole words between '<text>' and '</text>' but also syllables only. So 'Peo' and 'ple' produces 'People'. But 'Hail' and 'the' certainly are not meant to produce 'Hailthe', isn't it?

      A correct combining of these strings needs a space following whole words between '<text>' and '</text>' which is missing in the sample code.

      With more details of this task we could certainly make further steps towards a solution.

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Adrian Worsfold
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 16, 2012
        Hello flo

        Brilliant. Later on today I will alter the clip and instructions on my webpage. How you have managed to account for different line lengths in verses baffles me but thanks and I'll give appropriate thanks on the webpage when I re do it, including your further advice.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
        pluralist@...