Re: [Clip] Extracting text from a music .XML file.

  • Don
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 12, 2012
      I don't see the "logic" in the data exactly. Maybe show me what you
      want on the back end. Isn't this just a document match all exercise?

      Out of the sample you gave you just want this:
      Lyric1: Peo ple
      Lyric2: Hail the
      Lyric3: Build the

      And we are done?

      On 11/11/2012 9:11 PM, Adrian wrote:
      > The problem is this. Music XML files are cross program files to show music notation. I'd like to extract lyrics from the files and in order. But they are arranged by verses vertically and then by word order horizontally. So in this example, at the start of the tune, you need to get the text in lyric number 1 each time before going back up the document to lyric number 2 and extracting its text.
    • Adrian Worsfold
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 16, 2012
        Hello flo

        Brilliant. Later on today I will alter the clip and instructions on my webpage. How you have managed to account for different line lengths in verses baffles me but thanks and I'll give appropriate thanks on the webpage when I re do it, including your further advice.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
        pluralist@...