Re: [Clip] attrib -N?

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012
      C wrote:
      > In both. And also running the DOS attrib.
      >
      > But using a test clip to do the same operation
      > "open, change something, save"
      > the NTP accept, using the same NTP Library, same disc (e:\news\).

      In that case I don't understand. If a file is protected on disk, NT will
      only open it read-only and refuse to change and/or save it (under the
      same name - save-as will make the new file editable).

      So either you have not tested under the same conditions or your long
      clip somehow and somewhere sets the read-only condition. To be quite
      sure you can step through it with "^!SetDebug On" or with many
      "^!Continue" every dozen lines or so and look at the file settings in
      another window. If NT does set read-only (I doubt it), you'll find out
      where.

      Axel
    • C
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012
        Dear Axel, thanks.

        Appears as a virus, I go to find and delete. I hope.

        But for the moment, I tested and is working:

        Open a file nyoriginalname.htm (the file always are Read-Only, do not matter the Directory or disk - NTP always show as read-only), make the changes you want, in the moment to save rename to:

        nyoriginalname-uuu.htm

        like that

        Open c:\original file.htm
        ; after all replaces, do that:
        ^!Set %txt%=^$GetText$
        Close the original file,discard

        TexttoFile c:\nyoriginalname-uuu.htm ^%txt%

        Of course, this work, and I will have time to search for the virus.

        Any sugestion? And I do not find any note in the Web, about this new kind of virus.

        Best regards,
        JC.

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@> wrote:
        > >
        > > C wrote:
        > > > If I examine the file, really he is marked Read only.
        > >
        > > Where? In the editor or on the disk as shown by Windows?
        > >

        > Thanks, Axel.
        >
        > In both. And also running the DOS attrib.
        >
        > And using OTHER (o:\) disk and using the SAME clip, the same problem appears. he do not save because the file are Read only.
        >
        > But using a test clip to do the same operation
        >
        > "open, change something, save"
        >
        > the NTP accept, using the same NTP Library, same disc (e:\news\).
        >
        > Thanks.

      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

          > Friends,
          >
          > I am asking you help because I am convinced that this are a NTP (or one of my scripts) problem.
          >
          > I writed a more or less 1000 lines script.
          >
          > Running this script and considering one only directory with this problem (e:\news\), if I open a file and modify something, and the script try to save, always I receive a message like that:
          >
          > "Impossible to save, because the file is Read only".
          >
          > If I examine the file, really he is marked Read only...

          This reminds me of a discussion about 'read only' files we had in Oct 2010, see...

          Maybe you could find any helpful hint in those messages.

          Regards,
          Flo