Re: [Clip] attrib -N?

  • C
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012

      > C wrote:
      > > If I examine the file, really he is marked Read only.
      >
      > Where? In the editor or on the disk as shown by Windows?

      Thanks, Axel.

      In both. And also running the DOS attrib.

      And using OTHER (o:\) disk and using the SAME clip, the same problem appears. he do not save because the file are Read only.

      But using a test clip to do the same operation

      "open, change something, save"

      the NTP accept, using the same NTP Library, same disc (e:\news\).

      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012
        C wrote:
        > In both. And also running the DOS attrib.
        >
        > But using a test clip to do the same operation
        > "open, change something, save"
        > the NTP accept, using the same NTP Library, same disc (e:\news\).

        In that case I don't understand. If a file is protected on disk, NT will
        only open it read-only and refuse to change and/or save it (under the
        same name - save-as will make the new file editable).

        So either you have not tested under the same conditions or your long
        clip somehow and somewhere sets the read-only condition. To be quite
        sure you can step through it with "^!SetDebug On" or with many
        "^!Continue" every dozen lines or so and look at the file settings in
        another window. If NT does set read-only (I doubt it), you'll find out
        where.

        Axel
      • C
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012
          Dear Axel, thanks.

          Appears as a virus, I go to find and delete. I hope.

          But for the moment, I tested and is working:

          Open a file nyoriginalname.htm (the file always are Read-Only, do not matter the Directory or disk - NTP always show as read-only), make the changes you want, in the moment to save rename to:

          nyoriginalname-uuu.htm

          like that

          Open c:\original file.htm
          ; after all replaces, do that:
          ^!Set %txt%=^$GetText$
          Close the original file,discard

          TexttoFile c:\nyoriginalname-uuu.htm ^%txt%

          Of course, this work, and I will have time to search for the virus.

          Any sugestion? And I do not find any note in the Web, about this new kind of virus.

          Best regards,
          JC.

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@> wrote:
          > >
          > > C wrote:
          > > > If I examine the file, really he is marked Read only.
          > >
          > > Where? In the editor or on the disk as shown by Windows?
          > >

          > Thanks, Axel.
          >
          > In both. And also running the DOS attrib.
          >
          > And using OTHER (o:\) disk and using the SAME clip, the same problem appears. he do not save because the file are Read only.
          >
          > But using a test clip to do the same operation
          >
          > "open, change something, save"
          >
          > the NTP accept, using the same NTP Library, same disc (e:\news\).
          >
          > Thanks.

        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

            > Friends,
            >
            > I am asking you help because I am convinced that this are a NTP (or one of my scripts) problem.
            >
            > I writed a more or less 1000 lines script.
            >
            > Running this script and considering one only directory with this problem (e:\news\), if I open a file and modify something, and the script try to save, always I receive a message like that:
            >
            > "Impossible to save, because the file is Read only".
            >
            > If I examine the file, really he is marked Read only...

            This reminds me of a discussion about 'read only' files we had in Oct 2010, see...

            Maybe you could find any helpful hint in those messages.

            Regards,
            Flo