another problem with UTF-8

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2012
      Not a new problem, but one I've only now come to pin down precisely:

      I have saved a UTF encoded web page. I open it as "UTF-8 (no
      conversion)" and run my clip translating everything possible to cp-1252
      and everything else to entities like &8211;. Fine, I now have a normal
      Windows encoded file. But then I try running

      ^!MENU Modify/Characters to HTML/Extended Characters

      i.e. translate the page to US-ASCII HTML and nothing happens. I could
      solve it by opening a new empty file, loading the document with "load
      block" i.e.:

      ^!InsertFile ^?{(T=O;F="Text Files|*.txt;*.shtm*;*.htm*;*php")Enter file
      name to insert}

      and saving. But I really could do without all that extra hassle and have
      the easy life of version 5.8 back.