New bug found in version 7

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
      I've just stumbled across another new bug in version 7. One of my much
      used clips contains these commands:

      ^!Find "(?s)^abs: (.*?)^sig:" HRS1
      ^!InsertSelect ^$StrReplace("-^P";"";"^$GetSelection$";FALSE;FALSE)$

      and several more ^!InsertSelect ^$StrReplace(

      Now this ^$GetSelection$ may well contain nothing but a newline. It
      rarely does, which is why the error only turned up today after using V7
      for months, but this case has always been meant to be possible and in
      former versions it has been.
      Nor I get:

      ---------------------------
      Error
      ---------------------------
      Access violation at address 00553F62 in module 'NOTEPRO.EXE'. Read of
      address FFFFFFFF
      ---------------------------
      OK
      ---------------------------

      Danke

      Johann-H├Ąck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2012
        Hi Axel,

        Thanks for your bug report. I've tried to reproduce it using your
        instructions but no luck so far. Could you refine your Clip so that I
        can run some more tests?

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2012
          Eric Fookes wrote:
          > Could you refine your Clip so that I can run some more tests?

          And here I am with loads of egg on my face. Seems to have been one of
          those bugs, that go away with resetting and the rebooting. I swear it
          was there yesterday. Sorry about that, should have checked better before
          crying out.

          Danke