Re: [Clip] Search from clip

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2012
      Eric Fookes wrote:
      > How about this?

      > ^!Menu Search/Find
      > ^!Keyboard &20 #^%Pattern%#

      Two problems. First ^!Keyboard only threw errors. Adding a ^!Delay
      before solved that. Then my pattern contains several upper half 8-bit
      letters, i.e. ÿ À Þ and all of them got lost, luckily making the pattern
      invalid and thus saving me from a goose chase.

      Getting rid of the %pattern% variable, putting the whole string twice
      and writing the offending characters in the $-notation like "#[a-z€-#
      $FF #\-]#" didn't help.

      Using \xNN inside the character classes finally did the trick, I'd have
      been very surprised if given the power of clips I'd not maged to lick
      it. This even enabled me to reinstate %pattern%, but you'll agree, I
      suppose, that compared to how things used to be, all this is a whole lot
      of extra bother.