RE: [Clip] unzipping a file, then more

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2012
      What John said. There is no command line interface built into Windows to do
      that.
      I looked into it for work.
      You could use the commands to compress into cab files and then extract from
      the cabfiles.
      Otherwise you need some other program with a command line option.

      Larry
      On Sep 16, 2012 9:07 AM, "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...> wrote:

      > I do that all the time, using the command line version of 7zip, which is
      > 7za. Download it here:
      > http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
      > Look for the command line version. It doesn't need an install, it just
      > goes to a 'home' folder that all my clips know
      > about. You could put it into Windows path, if you wanted it available all
      > the time.
      > Then, in NoteTab, you'll write a command to do your bidding.
      >
      > My command line looks like:
      > ^!Dos ^%7za% e "^%EbookPath%^%DestFile%" -o"^%DebugPath%" -aoa
      > ^!Wait
      > The wait is needed to let it finish what can be a slow process depending
      > on the size of the file. I set the variables up
      > ahead of time for the working folder, etc. The above command gives me the
      > result that I need. I use it for unzipping
      > Epub Ebooks, so I can get the html into NoteTab. You could just as easily
      > grab xml, and do whatever you want to it.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John
      > RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
      > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
        Dean wrote:
        >I want to try to create a clip that will take a zip file, unzip it to a
        >folder, open the contained file ending in xml, strip tags from that file,
        >delete some text, and save to a specific location as text.

        >Most of this I think I can puzzle out, but not the first part

        I haven't tried this set of small programs myself yet, but they are
        intended for just this use and probably worth looking into. I know
        there are other similar programs too, but these are the ones I know
        where to find.
        http://stahlforce.com/dev/index.php?tool=zipunzip

        Lotta