Read Only Status - was previously Re: New calc func sometimes puts commas in 4 digit numbers(and also breaks clips)

  • Don
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2012
      On 9/10/2012 6:24 AM, Eric Fookes wrote:
      > Hi Axel,
      >
      > You do realize that you can check if the current document is read-only
      > by using ^$IsReadOnly$ ?

      How hard would it be to have notetab warn me when I try to do any
      "inappropriate action" for a read only file. Even the dreaded Micro$oft
      products warn me that something is read only. Often hundreds of times a
      week I download a file and start to edit it ... many of those times only
      to go, oops, this is read only after I've tried something that simply
      does nothing ... no warning. There are a couple of things that in fact
      do give a warning when you try to do them.

      I'll try to keep track.