Re: [Clip] Search box again

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
      Eric Fookes wrote:
      > You can use keyboard shortcuts to change option in the Search drop-down
      > lists. Simply press CTRL+ALT+{first letter of option name}. Example:
      > CTRL+ALT+A sets the All option and CTRL+ALT+W sets the Wildcards option.

      Thanks, that helps. It's harder to type than the former <Alt> on its
      own, but in time I can get used to it.

      Axel

      N.B: Some time ago when referring to colours I had got mixed up between
      NoteTab and WinShell. Yours are indeed perfect for the red-green
      impaired and I've never felt the need to try and change any of them.
      This is true for no other colour-coded software I can think of.
      Danke
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
        I had hoped that the behavior between the old way and the new way could be controlled by a user preference, so that
        everyone could have it the way they want it, and even switch if needed.

        > You can use keyboard shortcuts to change option in the Search drop-down
        > lists. Simply press CTRL+ALT+{first letter of option name}. Example:
        > CTRL+ALT+A sets the All option and CTRL+ALT+W sets the Wildcards option.

        Thanks, that helps. It's harder to type than the former <Alt> on its
        own, but in time I can get used to it.

        Axel

        N.B: Some time ago when referring to colours I had got mixed up between
        NoteTab and WinShell. Yours are indeed perfect for the red-green
        impaired and I've never felt the need to try and change any of them.
        This is true for no other colour-coded software I can think of.
        Danke

      • Don
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
          On 9/10/2012 9:36 AM, John Shotsky wrote:
          > I had hoped that the behavior between the old way and the new way could be controlled by a user preference, so that
          > everyone could have it the way they want it, and even switch if needed.
          >
          > Regards,
          > John

          Well one can simply forgo the improvements and keep it the way they like
          it, even running two versions if you wish. I have one software I
          actually do this with sometimes when they upgrade until I get used to
          the new improvements :-)