Search box again

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2012
      The new wildcard option is a very nice one and admittedly with now three
      options it makes a lot of sense to offer the search mode as a drop down.
      On the downside it has resulted in very much more typing for me. Where
      before <Alt><C> and <Alt><X> sufficed to switch case sensitivity and
      regex on, I now have to tab to the dropdown and arrow to regex, several
      times the former effort. It wouldn't matter if this weren't one of the
      most frequently used tools.

      Johann-H├Ąck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
        Hi Axel,

        No need to tab to the drop down. Here's an Extract from the Help file
        with a keyboard shortcut:

        You can use keyboard shortcuts to change option in the Search drop-down
        lists. Simply press CTRL+ALT+{first letter of option name}. Example:
        CTRL+ALT+A sets the All option and CTRL+ALT+W sets the Wildcards option.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
          Eric Fookes wrote:
          > You can use keyboard shortcuts to change option in the Search drop-down
          > lists. Simply press CTRL+ALT+{first letter of option name}. Example:
          > CTRL+ALT+A sets the All option and CTRL+ALT+W sets the Wildcards option.

          Thanks, that helps. It's harder to type than the former <Alt> on its
          own, but in time I can get used to it.

          Axel

          N.B: Some time ago when referring to colours I had got mixed up between
          NoteTab and WinShell. Yours are indeed perfect for the red-green
          impaired and I've never felt the need to try and change any of them.
          This is true for no other colour-coded software I can think of.
          Danke
        • John Shotsky
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
            I had hoped that the behavior between the old way and the new way could be controlled by a user preference, so that
            everyone could have it the way they want it, and even switch if needed.

            > You can use keyboard shortcuts to change option in the Search drop-down
            > lists. Simply press CTRL+ALT+{first letter of option name}. Example:
            > CTRL+ALT+A sets the All option and CTRL+ALT+W sets the Wildcards option.

            Thanks, that helps. It's harder to type than the former <Alt> on its
            own, but in time I can get used to it.

            Axel

            N.B: Some time ago when referring to colours I had got mixed up between
            NoteTab and WinShell. Yours are indeed perfect for the red-green
            impaired and I've never felt the need to try and change any of them.
            This is true for no other colour-coded software I can think of.
            Danke

          • Don
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
              On 9/10/2012 9:36 AM, John Shotsky wrote:
              > I had hoped that the behavior between the old way and the new way could be controlled by a user preference, so that
              > everyone could have it the way they want it, and even switch if needed.
              >
              > Regards,
              > John

              Well one can simply forgo the improvements and keep it the way they like
              it, even running two versions if you wish. I have one software I
              actually do this with sometimes when they upgrade until I get used to
              the new improvements :-)