RE: [Clip] How to Open a web-page .txt file in NoteTab

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012
      I can't say what your download.exe does as your link for it didn't work and
      you didn't post a new one.

      As far as your requirements, that is what cURL does. The DL zip file
      includes a PDF manual and library DLLs to use if you want to write your own
      application. But cURL itself is a stand alone app - extract the cURL.exe
      and run it. The exe even includes a built-in help to list all its options.
      At 2.5 MB, cURL may be larger than download.exe. Since I don't have it I
      can't compare. I am curious though, and would take a look at it if you post
      a good link.

      Art

      At 9/5/2012 03:49 PM, John Shotsky wrote:
      >Thanks for the info. I had looked into many of these, and was in need of a
      >single executable that doesn't need installation. The free version of
      >download.zip for Windows is fine for my needs. I also have HttTrack on my
      >machine when I want to get whole web sites, but this is single use ­ I
      >know the url, the file names, and where they go, so I can just issue a
      >command to get er done.
      >
      >At 9/5/2012 12:52 PM, John Shotsky wrote:
      > >I found a solution that works great. It is a single executable named
      > >'download.exe' which is executed via a %!ShellWait command, and it does
      > >the trick just fine, even including overwriting the original. No install
      > >needed, no Windows rights issues. This will become a permanent part of the
      > >RecipeClips system.
      > >
      > >Here's the location of this little gem:
      > >http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#download
      >
      >Perhaps you had a direct link to an old offering. All I see at your URL is
      >the $15 "File Downloader" - no 'download.exe'.
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 6, 2012
        Sorry, Art, forgot the link <http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#download> ..

        I can't say what your download.exe does as your link for it didn't work and
        you didn't post a new one.

        As far as your requirements, that is what cURL does. The DL zip file
        includes a PDF manual and library DLLs to use if you want to write your own
        application. But cURL itself is a stand alone app - extract the cURL.exe
        and run it. The exe even includes a built-in help to list all its options.
        At 2.5 MB, cURL may be larger than download.exe. Since I don't have it I
        can't compare. I am curious though, and would take a look at it if you post
        a good link.

        Art

        At 9/5/2012 03:49 PM, John Shotsky wrote:
        >Thanks for the info. I had looked into many of these, and was in need of a
        >single executable that doesn't need installation. The free version of
        >download.zip for Windows is fine for my needs. I also have HttTrack on my
        >machine when I want to get whole web sites, but this is single use � I
        >know the url, the file names, and where they go, so I can just issue a
        >command to get er done.
        >
        >At 9/5/2012 12:52 PM, John Shotsky wrote:
        > >I found a solution that works great. It is a single executable named
        > >'download.exe' which is executed via a %!ShellWait command, and it does
        > >the trick just fine, even including overwriting the original. No install
        > >needed, no Windows rights issues. This will become a permanent part of the
        > >RecipeClips system.
        > >
        > >Here's the location of this little gem:
        > >http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#download
        >
        >Perhaps you had a direct link to an old offering. All I see at your URL is
        >the $15 "File Downloader" - no 'download.exe'.

      • readingril
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 6, 2012
          I've used graburl to do this for years if it hasn't already been mentioned. I don't even remember where I got it, but the first thing I do with any new installation of Notetab is put the exe in the Notetab folder.

          I just looked... the executable is 12 years old!