[Clip] Re: More pushing beyond limit

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28 11:07 PM
      I wrote:
      >I am doing some awesome stuff editing and compiling java applets from
      >within NoteTab. One of my coworkers tried my java clipbook on his
      >NT machine with no luck. It seems to be the "RunScript" command that
      >was failing. That was with NoteTab Pro 4.60. RunPerl worked fine.

      >My other concern is that the some of the commands in 4.60 (I think it
      >was ^!Run) failed to capture the stderr stream (on both Win 9x and NT.)
      >That is why I was using RunScript where Run would have otherwise been
      >more appropriate. I still need to test beta 12 for these sort of
      >problems.

      Maybe I am crazy. I ran a bunch of tests with both NTP 4.60a and NTP
      4.8 beta 13 to verify that the ^!Dos, ^!Run, ^!RunGawk, ^!RunPerl,
      ^!RunScript, ^$GetDosOutput()$, ^$GetInputOutput()$, and ^$GetOutput()$
      commands are working correctly. Both NoteTab Pro versions passed all
      the tests under Windows 98. So, whatever was bugging me a month ago
      with NTP 4.60 must have been my own fault. One of the bugs I found
      in an earlier beta of 4.60, Eric fixed in the final 4.60 release - but
      I somehow I forgot that it was fixed, and was still thinking it was
      broken. Silly me.

      Regarding ^!Run, it seems that maybe it is not intended to capture
      the stderr stream. If the stderr is wanted, it can be gotten using
      the ^$GetOutput()$ function.

      So, it seems everything is right using these commands with Windows
      98. I still haven't had the opportunity to test this under Windows NT.
      I very much also hope others can help with this. ;-)

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen