Re: [Clip] Re: New calc func sometimes puts commas in 4 digit numbers(and also breaks clips)

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2012
      Don wrote:
      > I in fact wrote Eric to ask for at
      > the minimum a warning that I was operating on a write protected file.

      I believe I voiced the same wish here at the time. These hidden
      malfunctions where least expected really can get you. A bunch of new
      syntax errors after an update would sure be a pain in the proverbial,
      but at least you can solve them once and for all and be done.

      Axel
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2012
        Hi Axel,

        You do realize that you can check if the current document is read-only
        by using ^$IsReadOnly$ ?

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/

        On 21/08/2012 15:27, Axel Berger wrote:
        > Don wrote:
        >> I in fact wrote Eric to ask for at
        >> the minimum a warning that I was operating on a write protected file.
        >
        > I believe I voiced the same wish here at the time. These hidden
        > malfunctions where least expected really can get you. A bunch of new
        > syntax errors after an update would sure be a pain in the proverbial,
        > but at least you can solve them once and for all and be done.
      • Don
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2012
          On 9/10/2012 6:24 AM, Eric Fookes wrote:
          > Hi Axel,
          >
          > You do realize that you can check if the current document is read-only
          > by using ^$IsReadOnly$ ?

          How hard would it be to have notetab warn me when I try to do any
          "inappropriate action" for a read only file. Even the dreaded Micro$oft
          products warn me that something is read only. Often hundreds of times a
          week I download a file and start to edit it ... many of those times only
          to go, oops, this is read only after I've tried something that simply
          does nothing ... no warning. There are a couple of things that in fact
          do give a warning when you try to do them.

          I'll try to keep track.