[Clip] Clip: Tabs to Spaces

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 1999
      Hello David and Clippers,

      I brought this over from the Basic List.

      >> Tabs will print out unevenly and even more so when you use a
      >> variable width font. If you convert your tabs to spaces and
      >> align where necessary it will print correctly for you. I have
      >> a Clip to help with the conversion that I will send you if you
      >> want it.

      > thankyou has eric every thought fixing this problem

      It is not a problem with NoteTab. The printer you have is not
      smart enough to know to space your columns evenly when tabs are
      used. NoteTab Pro makes it easy to convert Tabs to Spaces (or it
      can use spaces by option for the tab instead of a real tab). See
      Help on the different settings. I suppose one pays extra for
      Pro to get the different tab settings and other features that
      Standard does not have. :-)

      > what I do not understand thou why is it just one line.

      I think you had two tabs between words on that line if my memory
      serves me correctly. That complicates things more.

      > the clip would handy

      The Clip below checks for more than one tab between words. I did
      not test to see what would happen if the document contained a
      different tab setting than what your global tab is set for. I am
      only guessing, but I believe the Clip will always use that
      setting. There is a comment in the Clip about a literal tab.
      Check it to see if it gets converted to spaces in the mail and if
      so, select between the quotes and hit your tab key.

      You can pre-select some text, but it must be from the beginning
      of the first line to the end of the last line selected. If no
      text is selected, the whole document is converted. You can have
      Word Wrap on or off. The cursor will return to its original
      position, except it you select text leaving the cursor at the
      end of the selection. Then, it will be placed at the start of
      the selection after the conversion.

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Convert Tabs
      ; Last Updated 12/26/1999, Sojourner@..., jody

      ^!SetHintInfo Converting...
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Set %SelEnd%=^%Empty%; %Cursor%=^$GetRow$:^$GetColScreen$
      ^!ClearVariable %WrapOn%

      ^!IfTrue ^$IsWordWrap$ Next else Skip_2
      ^!Set %WrapOn%=1
      ^!SetWordWrap Off

      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetSelection$")$ Jump1
      ^!Set %SelStart%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!Set %SelEnd%=^$GetRow$
      ^!SetCursor ^%SelStart%
      ^!Goto Start

      :Jump1
      ^!Jump 1

      :Start
      ^!Find "^t" S
      ^!IfError ChkWrap
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%SelEnd%")$ Skip
      ^!If ^%SelEnd% < ^$GetRow$ ChkWrap
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Set %Col%=^$GetCol$
      ; ^!IfSame "tab" below is a literal keyboard tab
      ^!IfSame " " "^$GetChar$" Next else Skip_2
      ^!MoveCursor +1
      ^!Goto Skip_-2
      ^!Set %Fill%=^$GetColScreen$
      ^!SelectTo ^%Start%